myzptlk The Book of the Law.pdf
21. With the God & the Adorer I am nothing: they do not see me. They are as upon the earth; I am
Heaven, and there is no other God than me, and my lord Hadit.
22. Now, therefore, I am known to ye by my name Nuit, and to him by a secret name which I will give him
when at last he knoweth me. Since I am Infinite Space, and the Infinite Stars thereof, do ye also thus. Bind
nothing! Let there be no difference made among you between any one thing & any other thing; for thereby
there cometh hurt.
23. But whoso availeth in this, let him be the chief of all!
24. I am Nuit, and my word is six and fifty.
25. Divide, add, multiply, and understand.
26. Then saith the prophet and slave of the beauteous one: Who am I, and what shall be the sign? So she
answered him, bendingdown, a lambent flame of blue, all-touching, all penetrant, her lovely hands upon the
black earth, & her lithe body arched for love, and her soft feet not hurting the little flowers: Thou knowest!
And the sign shall be my ecstasy, the consciousness of the continuity of existence, the omnipresence of my
27. Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her
light bathing his whole body in a
sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not
of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!
28. None, breathed the light, faint & faery, of the stars, and two.
29. For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.
30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as
nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.
31. For these fools of men and their woes care not thou at all! They feel little; what is, is balanced by weak
joys; but ye are my chosen ones.
32. Obey my prophet! follow out the ordeals of my knowledge! seek me only! Then the joys of my love will
redeem ye from all pain. This is so: I swear it by the vault of my body; by my sacred heart and tongue; by
all I can give, by all I desire of ye all.
33. Then the priest fell into a deep trance or swoon, & said unto the Queen of Heaven; Write unto us the
ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law!
34. But she said: the ordeals I write not: the rituals shall be half known and half concealed: the Law is for
35. This that thou writest is the threefold book of Law.
36. My scribe Ankh-af-na-khonsu, the priest of the princes, shall not in one letter change this book; but lest
there be folly, he shall comment thereupon by the wisdom of Ra-Hoor-Khuit.
37. Also the mantras and spells; the obeah and the wanga; the work of the wand and the work of the
sword; these he shall learn and teach.