Need To Stop Smoking Things You Need To Know (5) .pdf
Original filename: Need To Stop Smoking_ Things You Need To Know (5).pdf
Title: Need To Stop Smoking? Things You Need To Know
This PDF 1.4 document has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 16/09/2012 at 23:59, from IP address 178.157.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 643 times.
File size: 3 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Need To Stop Smoking? Things You Need To Know
A lot of smokers want to stop smoking, but they don't know how to start. In this article, you will learn
some tips to help you stop smoking, so you will be able to go on and live a healthier life.
1. Ask yourself why you smoke in the first place. Is it because it is just a habit, started when you were
really young? Is it because you are really stressed out? Pinpointing the reasons you smoke can do a
lot to help you stop smoking, because you can address the root of the problem rather than the
symptom (smoking). When you know why you smoke, you can start making adjustments to your life
that make smoking no longer necessary.
2. Handle stress appropriately. For many smokers, stress is a major factor in their smoking habit.
Quitting only intensifies that stress. You need to find good ways of handling your stress, so that you
can stop smoking and never start again. You can alleviate stress through meditation, yoga, walking in
nature, and many other ways. Find the ways that work best for you, so that you can keep stress
under control when you stop smoking.
3. Try a number of methods to stop smoking. Some people try to stop smoking, and then when their
method fails, start smoking again. There are so many different tools to help you stop smoking that it is
a good idea for you to investigate every one of them; one of them is bound to work for you if you keep
4. Talk to your doctor about your hopes to stop smoking. Your doctor can help you examine the
methods available and help you to choose one that is safest for you personally. Your doctor can also
prescribe medicine that will help you stop smoking, if you want it. Not only that, but your doctor can
also monitor your health while you are cutting down your nicotine intake, and may be able to help you
see how quitting smoking is good for your health.
5. Get busy. Many smokers find that quitting is easier when they have something to occupy their
minds. Take up a new hobby or study something new. By keeping yourself excited and engaged with
life, you won't have time to think about getting a cigarette.
6. Remind yourself of how much better life is when you don't smoke. After all, your clothes smell
better. You don't have to go outside in the winter to smoke your cigarette. Your sense of smell
returns. Focus on the benefits of quitting and it will go easier.
7. Don't give up. Don't "try" to quit smoking. Just do it. Commit to being a smoke-free person and
mean it. If you have a few cigarettes, do not beat yourself up about it. Just start fresh the next day
until you can stop smoking for good.
Smoking can be a tough habit to stop. But when you use the tips in this article, it can be a bit easier.
Use these tips to help you stop smoking and live a better life.
Click Here For More Information