Swing Trading Mentor Transcript (15) .pdf
Original filename: Swing Trading Mentor Transcript (15).pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 20/02/2013 at 20:01, from IP address 209.107.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 706 times.
File size: 79 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Swing Trading Mentor Transcript
2. Good Day Traders, This Is Roger Scott from Market Geeks and before I
begin this tutorial, please subscribe to our channel for swing trading videos
and trading tips.
3. Today I want to discuss a very important topic that affects most traders,
especially traders who are starting out.
4.. If you follow my training videos or read any of my articles you probably
know by now that I believe the most important time for a trader is the first 6
months after starting out. Unlike many other professions or activities,
trading has a major impact on your psychological makeup.
5. Before you begin trading, this part of your brain or your nervous system
is not affected in anyway so when you begin trading, your mind does not
have any past experiences to compare and contrast.
6. This changes, drastically after you start trading and actually begin to
build real experiences in the market. Unfortunately, for most traders the first
few experiences or events do not turn out as expected and most people do
one of three things.
7. The first group of people quit trading, the actual experience does not
match their expectation and they get turned off very quickly and forget all
8. The second group of people goes through a similar mental experience,
but their desire to learn was much stronger than their emotional discomfort,
so they continued to trade till they ran out of money or actually learn how to
do it properly. This is the category where the majority of traders who stick
around for more than a few months end up.
9. Then there’s the third group of people, this group is a bit different than
the first two groups because they actually were introduced or started
trading because they knew someone who was already a successful trader.
This group of traders had someone hold their hand and helped them
overcome the most difficult hurdle that rises very high for most traders. The
negative psychological impact that trading has on you during the first few
months you star; can be so strong that most traders have a very difficult
time overcoming it.
10. Imagine for a minute that you were born with the natural ability to
become a professional basketball player. Now imagine for a minute that
every time you played a ball game as a child you were injured, your desire
to continue playing would probably diminish greatly.
11. To give you a real life example, I know a professional guitar player who
comes from a very talented family of musicians. When he was 6 years old
his mother who was a professional piano teacher tested his pitch and found
that he had an incredible gift for music. His mother was very strict and
when my friend tried to play piano, his mother would be very hard on him
and hit his fingers with a ruler each time he made a mistake. This had such
a devastating effect on the child that he got completely turned off the piano
and picked up the guitar several years later on his own, after his mother
12. My point is simple, if you start out on the right foot your chances of
achieving your goal are tremendously increased in your favor. I met several
wonderful traders who almost gave up many times because of the difficulty
they experienced when first starting out. If this group of traders did not start
trading with a swing trading mentor, the odds are they would be doing
something different today. Interestingly, many of these traders fine tuned
their skills by being a swing trading mentor for other less experienced
13. What Can Swing Trading Mentor Do For Me? A good swing trading
mentor can help you with the biggest problem that plaques most traders,
understanding the psychological aspect of trading and how to bridge this
gap as quickly as possible.
14. Some Ways Swing Trading Mentor Can Help You:
Accepting losers as part of the game.
Understand that losing has nothing to do with your abilities
Develop trading methods that fit your personality.
Make sure your method has a positive expectancy.
Introduce you to bet sizing method that works with your strategy.
15. These issues are very important and must be addressed during the first
few months after you begin trading. If you need help finding a swing trading
mentor, we are here to help. Market Geeks has been training swing traders
for several years and can help you become a successful trader.
16. Remember, starting on the right path is the most important part to long
term successful trading.
17. Please visit us at marketgeeks.com for swing trading workshops and
courses and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel for more swing trading
videos and trading tips. This is Roger Scott wishing you all the best in your