Nymeyer What's different .pdf
Original filename: Nymeyer - What's different.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Writer / OpenOffice.org 3.1, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 22/02/2013 at 22:58, from IP address 66.29.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 604 times.
File size: 52 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Activity: What's different?
Age: high school age and up
Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Description/Objectives: Students will read and skim quickly. They will look for details.
1. Prepare a reading passage in advance. Be sure all students have their own copy.
2. Have students read the passage in some way (i.e. in pairs, alone, as a class).
3. Ask comprehension and vocabulary questions about the passage to be sure students
4. Ask students to turn over readings.
5. Tell students that one of the sentences will be changed by using a synonym of a word and that
they must decide which sentence and word was changed.
6. Choose a sentence and use a synonym for one of the words. Say the changed sentence out
7. Have students flip over passage and find the change.
8. Have students raise their hand when they have found the sentence and the difference.
9. When most students are finished, call on a student to identify the sentence and what has been
10. Repeat 3-10 times with different changes and sentences (i.e. paraphrasing, complete
omission of a word, addition of a word).