Disable AVG [rescue CD] .pdf
Original filename: Disable AVG [rescue CD].pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by Writer / OpenOffice.org 3.3, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 13/06/2013 at 23:48, from IP address 121.242.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 608 times.
File size: 93 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Disable AVG [rescue CD].pdf (PDF, 93 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
How to disable AVG when the operating system cannot be started properly :
If you suspect that an AVG component is preventing your computer from starting
properly, follow the steps below to verify the situation.
1. Use AVG Rescue CD to boot your computer.
2. When the AVG Rescue CD is launched, select theUtilities -> File Manager menu item.
3. Navigate to the mounted system drive. This will be /mnt/sda1/ in most cases.
[Midnight Commander is a two panel file browser. It can be used to go through files stored on the
hard drives of the computer. Navigation through folders is relatively easy - use arrow keys to move
and the ENTER key to select folder. You can switch to the other panel by pressing the TAB key. The
most used functions are assigned shortcuts which are listed at the bottom side of the screen (e.g.
F5 for copying). To access the top menu, press F9. Note that the MC will display the Linux files
system on which the AVG Rescue CD is running. To find the hard drives and USB drives of the
computer, move to the folder mnt. There, you will see all drives attached to the computer. The
system disk of the PC should be the first one (e.g. sda1).]
4. Within this drive, navigate to the /Windows/system32/drivers/ folder.
- Rename (using the F6 key) all files starting with avg (e.g. avgldx86.sys, avgtdix.sys, etc.)
to back them up. You can change their extension from .sys to .bak, for example.
5. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and reboot the system (make sure to remove the AVG Rescue
CD from your optical drive before doing so).
- Your system will boot without AVG being involved in the process.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog