Original filename: mentormenteeResponsibilities.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - mentormenteeResponsibilities.docx
Author: Anita Ting
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.8.2 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 05/11/2013 at 19:09, from IP address 144.118.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 587 times.
File size: 40 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
mentormenteeResponsibilities.pdf (PDF, 40 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Become accustomed with Mentee’s personal interests and goals.
Send bi-‐weekly emails for updates.
Assist Mentees in academic preparations to align with said interests and goals.
Remind Mentees about SWE events and opportunities.
Meet with Mentees at least twice per quarter.
1. Provide information about the courses Mentees will be taking, i.e. work load, professor,
2. Check on Mentee’s academic performance and suggest strategies for improvement, as
3. Introduce networking opportunities.
4. Review resumes and cover letters prior to co-‐op/job searches.
5. Sufficiently prepare Mentees with mock interviews.
6. Share stories and experiences about previous work experiences and successes.
Learn about Mentor’s interests, goals, activities.
Share personal goals and past achievements.
Respond to each bi-‐weekly email with academic and professional progress.
Invite Mentors to SWE events and activities of common interest.
Engage in the Mentor-‐Mentee meeting twice per term.
1. Always be respectful to their Mentors and understand their role in the development and
success of each Mentee.
2. Utilize the resources which their Mentors provide, especially those involving networking
and professional development.
3. Make an effort to go to the events which their Mentors suggest.
4. Take advantage of the Mentor as a guide, role model, and friend that can truly impact
development as a female engineering professional.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog