Magnaflux Devices Advice on choosing the best product .pdf
Original filename: Magnaflux Devices - Advice on choosing the best product.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by convertonlinefree.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 22/11/2013 at 00:38, from IP address 109.185.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 470 times.
File size: 308 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Magnaflux Devices - Advice on choosing the best product
Different engineering methods are for sale to find surface disorders and subsurface
discontinuities in metals. One of the most popular NDT calibration (Low Destructive Testing) methods is
called “Magnaflux”ing, also known as MPI (Permanent magnet Particle Inspection).
Using this method works by creating a permanent magnetic field on the area to be inspected.
Which means, it can work on almost all ferromagnetic materials like flat iron, nickel and many other
A typical Magnaflux process involves these steps:
- First, the material is to be magnetized. This can be done by 50 percent ways:Either way, a
magnetic field is defined on the surface to be analyzed
Direct Magnetization by delivering electric current through the steel surface
Indirect Magnetization by simply creating a magnetic discipline from another origin other than
the metallic surface
- When a metal surface carries a magnetic field placed on it, the permanent magnet lines of
force will be running parallel to the surface
- If the surface does not have any defects, these magnetic force lines will likely be running
continuously with no disturbance
- When there is a defect from the surface or subsurface amount, it means, air will probably be
present in that region instead of metal. Air can’t support same amount of magnet field as metallic, this
will cause disturbances from the magnetic force traces, which are known as permanent magnetic flux
- MPI as well as Magnaflux devices can discover this magnetic flux leakage and find out the area
wherever surface defects are present. Handheld devices including Magnetic inspection yokes bring easy
outdoor inspections of metal surfaces
- Now, magnet powders (small particles) are applied in the surface
- They will be immediately attracted to the area in which magnetic flux leakage occurs. This can
be used to find the faulty zone and is notable by the technician appropriately!
- While examining a surface utilizing Magnaflux technology, it is recommended that the surface
is tested in 2 angles that are 90 degrees aside (horizontal and vertical). This helps to locate the defect
Here are the two most popular and trustworthy magnetic particle inspection devices in the
B-300 Contour Probe
This is an easy to use Magnaflux gadget that works on solid AC field. It has adjustable legs to
measure surfaces of many types. Its lightweight layout provides excellent convenience without
compromising about the accuracy of way of measuring.
B-300 Contour Probe can be used with dry magnetic powder as well as wet magnetic powder
depending on the surface to be tested. While acquiring the device, you can also buy a kit that comes
with these powders.
This is a light device that is coded in an ergonomic manner for improved dealing with capacity.
This means, blunders due to any person fatigue will be very less.
Another useful feature of Magnaflux Magnavis is that it can be utilized in variety of regions
including overhead surfaces. This is ideal for inspecting welds, forgings and many other kinds of parts.