Original filename: Resume.pdf
Title: Russell Gelhorn
Author: Russell Gelhorn
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 19/01/2014 at 22:55, from IP address 24.76.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 809 times.
File size: 207 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
387 Bedson Street • Winnipeg, Manitoba • R3K 1R3
Cell Phone: (204)292-0272 • Email: email@example.com • School: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science – Mathematics, Joint Honours (co-op option)
• Grade Point Average: 3.68 / 4.5
• Expected Graduation Date: August 2015
Province of Manitoba High School Diploma, International Baccalaureate Certificate
• C.P. Loewen Family Foundation School Scholarship in Physics
• Centennial Scholarship in Physics
• University of Manitoba Students Union Scholarship
• University of Manitoba Entrance Scholarship
• Winnipeg Youth Symphony Orchestra Julie Banton Award
• Cayley Mathematics Contest Certificate of Distinction
• Course level knowledge in Java, SQL, Assembly, C, Python, and Prolog.
• Self-taught familiarity with C++
Mathematics Courses Completed:
Combinatorics • Calculus • Complex Analysis • Metric Spaces • Topology • Set Theory
Numerical Analysis • Elementary Differential Equations • Linear Algebra • Abstract Algebra
• Wireshark Network Protocol Analyzer
• Gnu Privacy Assistant
• Vim text editor
• Microsoft and Libre Office Suites
• Basic understanding of HTML.
• Basic knowledge in Django Web Framework and Google App Engine
Operating Systems Experience:
• Windows: 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8
• Linux: Ubuntu, Mint
Relational Database Management Systems
• Course level knowledge with SQL and Relational Algebra.
General Labourer, Induspac Surseal
• Operated industrial equipment such as saws, boxing machines, and large plastic shredders
• Worked in small independent groups of workers on time-sensitive projects
Storefront Employee, Tim Hortons
• Placed and filled orders in a fast-food environment
Sales Clerk, Best West Pet Foods
• Ensured customer satisfaction in finding pet products that met their individual needs
Band Camp Supervisor, Manitoba Band Association
• Supervised students at a summer band camp.
Bassoon Tutor, Manitoba Band Association
• Tutored Middle and High School students in the discipline of playing the bassoon.
Principal Bassoonist, Winnipeg Youth Symphony Orchestras
INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES
Programming and Technology: In my free time, I enjoy studying online courses and tutorials to broaden my
technical knowledge and see real world contexts for topics discussed in classes. When I have time off I like to
dive into a textbook and solve exercises. This practice enabled me to reach my current knowledge level of
C++ and Python. My self-learning has helped fuel my healthy passion for privacy software in areas of
encryption and anonymization, as well as Bitcoin and other innovative Crypto-Currencies.
Health and Fitness: I have always enjoyed road biking and occasionally enter into bike racing team events
and multi-day group biking tours. I also like to sprint, jog, skate, and resistance train. Recently I’ve started
Miscellaneous Areas of Interest: I like to read books, blogs, and listen to interviews pertaining to other areas
of Social and Natural Sciences, especially Economics, Legal Theory, Evolution, and Nutrition.
• References Attached •
General Manager, Induspac Surseal
Phone Number: (204) 832-8006
Community Involvement References:
PhD Student, Economics
University of Pennsylvania
University of Manitoba