SJCRTL Essay Contest Rules .pdf
Original filename: SJCRTL Essay Contest Rules.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2010, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 06/02/2014 at 01:56, from IP address 68.58.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 707 times.
File size: 74 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Annual Essay Contest
Topic: How has abortion affected my generation?
Possible Discussion Points: Statistics/number of people missing; economic impact
on our community; what has it done to the morality of our society; how has abortion
affected the family unit; the correlation of abortion to child abuse.
1. The essay contest is open to all students in St. Joseph County, IN and counties
immediately adjacent to St. Joseph County, IN, including those in Michigan.
2. One girl and one boy will be selected as winners in each age group (7-8 grades and
3. Each winner will receive an award of $100 for 7-8 grades; $200 for 9-12 grades.
4. Jr. High student entries must be 250-500 words in length (1-2 pages, not
including references). High school entries must be 500-1,000 words in length (2 to
3 pages, not including references). All entries must be typed or computer printed,
and double spaced using 12 pt. type.
5. Entries must follow the general rules of English grammar. Factual information
must be up-to-date with references cited.
6. The essay must be based on pro-life principles.
7. Student’s name, school, phone number, grade level, and gender (male or female)
must be neatly printed on the back of each page, top right corner.
8. Only one entry per student will be accepted.
9. Entries must be received or postmarked by Monday, February 28, 2014.
10. Winners will be notified by Friday, March 28, 2014.
11. Winners will receive their awards at the Right-to-Life Prayer Dinner on the evening
of April 8, 2014 in South Bend. (Complementary dinners will be provided to
winners and their immediate family members.)
Please email, hand deliver, or mail entries (postmarked by February 28, 2014) to:
St. Joseph County Right to Life, Inc.
2004 Ironwood Circle, Ste. 130
South Bend, IN 46635
Questions? Call 574-232-LIFE(5433)
St. Joseph County Right to Life, Inc. reserves all rights to judgment in this contest. All decisions are final. All materials
submitted become the property of St. Joseph County Right to Life, Inc. and will not be returned to participants. St.
Joseph County Right to Life reserves the right to publish and/or publicly read all or any portion of entries.