Osteosarcoma Clinical Trials.pdf
Osteosarcoma is a rare and often fatal bone cancer.
● Osteosarcoma is primarily a disease of teenagers and young adults.
● 500 new cases annually in US, 800 new cases annually in Europe.
● Upon diagnosis, patients are treated with surgery and systemic combination
● 30% to 35% of patients fail first-line therapy, most commonly with
metastatic recurrence only in the lungs, with poor prognosis (five year
survival of such patients is < 25%)
● No drugs are currently approved in the U.S. to treat osteosarcoma patients
who have failed first-line therapy.