tips for deciding when to1555 .pdf
Original filename: tips for deciding when to1555.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by / iTextSharp™ 5.4.1 ©2000-2012 1T3XT BVBA (AGPL-version), and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 20/10/2014 at 14:43, from IP address 180.191.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 368 times.
File size: 2 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
tips for deciding when to
When evaluating the effectiveness of windows and doors in your home, or just want to see if it's
time to replace your windows? Payless Thermo Windows and Doors suggests:
1. Determine how many panes of glass are in the windows. Single-paned windows are the least
energy efficient. You can replace them with double- or triple-paned ENERGY STAR® compliant
windows to enhance energy efficiency and make a home more comfortable during all seasons.
2. Look for condensation inside the glass on double- or triple-glazed windows. This could indicate
seal failure. If this is the case, you might need to replace the glass or the entire window.
3. Do your windows open and close easily? If your windows are hard to open or close-or they
won't stay open or locked-this could be a sign that the windows need replacing.
4. Have someone stand outside your window. With a small flashlight, stand inside and "travel"
around the window's perimeter. If the person outside sees areas of light coming through, this is an
indication of seal failure-and probably energy loss.
5. Does it seems especially noisy in your house? If you live near an airport or busy street,
consider replacing your windows with laminated glass windows to help reduce noise transmission.
6. Did your neighbors just build a new home that's too close to your bathroom? For added privacy,
request decorative obscure glass in your windows. This will allow light to flow into the home, but
will keep your privacy!
When deciding on the Replacement Windows contact Payless Thermo Windows and Doors. See
our website at http://www.phoenixdoors.net/ or call us at 602-577-4908
When to Replace Windows