Blue Ox BDM .pdf
Original filename: Blue Ox BDM.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - Revised Description - Relationship Manager 8-7-14.docx
This PDF 1.6 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.9.5 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 16/12/2014 at 19:24, from IP address 50.199.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 338 times.
File size: 1.3 MB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
December 5th, 2014
Position: Business Development Manager
Direct Report: Kris Knecht
Compensation: Base salary plus bonus. See attached exhibit for incentive plan details
Blue Ox Construction is an Atlanta-based general contractor. As Blue Ox
continues to grow market share, we are seeking a business development
professional to facilitate growth in each of our target markets: retail, healthcare &
commercial interiors. This position will work closely with Blue Ox’s marketing
department to originate & execute relevant marketing strategies to increase revenue.
Please see the attached exhibit for Blue Ox's strategic marketing plan, of which the
business development manager will be responsible for executing.
Qualifications of successful candidates include:
• A minimum of 3 years’ of business development or sales experience
• Direct commercial construction experience preferred but not required
• The capability to travel as requested to meet with potential clients, customers
• Excellent negotiation and sales skills
• Strong leadership ability, training / presentation skills, and team player attitude
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and close deadlines
Blue Ox Target Project Range:
• $200,000 - $5,000,000
Blue Ox Target Annual Revenues:
• $5,000,0000 – 2014
• $10,000,000 – 2015
• $15,000,000 - 2016
• Develop, maintain and nurture a data base of company contacts.
• Primary client point of contact throughout the preconstruction phase.
• Tracking and projections of pipeline, award and active project status for
reporting to management.
• Attend select local and regional events whereby education and/or company
exposure is enhanced.
• Strategic “mining” of contacts within the target client sectors.
• Research trends and new developments while catering marketing and business
development strategies to increase company awareness.
• Cultivate relationships from inception through project delivery and beyond.
• Regular touch points with the clients throughout the build and development
process to ensure a smooth working relationship.
• Seek regular exposure and training specific to the company’s preconstruction
and project management activities.
• Emphasis towards developing client relationship with a recurring base of
• Develop and referring supporting relationships to Blue Ox: vendors,
subcontractor, capital sources, and professional services.
• Maintain an effective and sustainable CRM program.