Solar Lights The Energy Saver .pdf
Original filename: Solar Lights - The Energy Saver.pdf
Title: Solar Lights
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 19/12/2014 at 14:05, from IP address 14.141.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 392 times.
File size: 532 KB (7 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Solar Lights – The
What are Solar Lights?
• Solar Lights are the solar powered lights that
work with the help of solar energy.
• For the solar lights the main power source is
solar energy .
• The Solar light consists of a solar panel or
photovoltaic cell , which is used to collect the
sun’s energy & store it in a rechargeable gel cell
Types of Solar Lights
1. Solar Sky Lights
2. Photovoltaic Lights
3. Solar Street Lights
1. Solar Sky Lights
• The solar sky lights are the lights
that interact with the sun and
clouds to dim and brighten indoor
• These lights are useful for
conserving energy and a building’s
interior lighting controls.
• The solar panels are much smaller
and set on the roof and keep a
continuous check on when the sun
goes away & when there is a drop in
• The lighting levels
fluctuating depending on the
naturally available sunlight
2. Photovoltaic lights
• The photovoltaic lights or the
(PV) module is used to conserve
energy from the sun and place it
in batteries to provide the
necessary wattage of light supply
• This is generally used for energy
savings, cost savings, and
• These systems are called grid
free or stand-alone because they
generate their own electricity at
that specific site.
• These types of systems are also
used for security reasons as if the
grid fails at specific areas, the
lighting will still be available.
3. Solar Street Lights.
Solar street lights are
the street lights that we
observe in our day to day life.
• The solar street lights simply
means that these street lights
uses the solar energy to
• The solar street lights uses
the solar panels to consume &
storage solar energy.
Save Energy Save Environment