56057S2014 007 .pdf
Original filename: 56057S2014-007.pdf
This PDF 1.6 document has been generated by Adobe InDesign CC 2014 (Windows) / Adobe PDF Library 11.0, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 24/12/2014 at 04:41, from IP address 71.90.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 833 times.
File size: 4.1 MB (7 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
©2014 YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION, U.S.A.
FEBRUARY PRODUCTION OF 2015 SR10LSFO SRVIPER L-TX LE
Situation: The February production of the 2015
SR10LSFO SRViper L-TX LE model
did not include current specification
parts for the exhaust system, brake
master cylinder, and fuel pump protector.
The affected units also require the
POSR (Point of Sale Registration) be
encoded in the ECM.
Solution: Yamaha is supplying the new 2015
specification parts to update these
units. Also, a POSR code is included
for each unit affected.
2015 SR10LSFO: 8JY20-0000101~8JY20-0000284
1. Check that the unit is included in the Affected Range section.
2. Also, check that the unit has not already been modified (see Identification Procedure section).
Install the new parts and enter the POSR code on the affected unit during Setup and Predelivery Inspection (PDI).
Yes. Parts are required but will not need to be ordered. All necessary parts have been shipped
free of charge to dealers invoiced for affected units. See Parts Information section for more
Information: Submit a Service-Per-Bulletin (90 code) warranty claim for labor. See the Warranty Information section for more details.
PAGE 1 of 7
Disassembly and Inspection
Read these instructions thoroughly and carefully before beginning the installation process.
1. Remove the rear storage bag, seat, and both access panels, then remove the shroud and lower,
Console Nut Wrench:
Refer to the Service Manual available from the
Tech Library on YDS.
These models are equipped with a heated seat.
Lift the rear of the seat and disconnect the seat
heater harness connector BEFORE removing the
2. Remove the battery.
3. Disconnect the wiring from the fuel tank and the
fuel hose from the fuel pump.
NOTE: Remove the Black-colored fuel pump protector.
Inspect the unit to see if the 990085 and 990086
(S2014-003R Fuel Hose Joint recall and the 090WC
Reverse Actuator Extension Update Kit (S2014-001)
have been performed (consult YDS).
4. Remove the steering support side spars and remove the fuel tank.
5. Remove the exhaust silencer and the pipe.
With the exhaust system out, inspect the chain
case cover mounting tabs for cracks (see adjacent photo).
If any of the tabs are cracked, replace the cover
Submit a separate warranty request should you
encounter a failed part.
PAGE 2 of 7
EXAMPLE OF POSSIBLE CRACKS
ON MOUNTING TABS
1. Install the new exhaust pipe with the gasket supplied.
2. Position the exhaust gasket between the engine
and the exhaust manifold, then secure the manifold to the engine using the existing screws.
Exhaust manifold screw torque:
22 Nm (2.2 kg-m, 16 ft-lb)
3. Secure the heat shield over the manifold using
the existing brackets, two flat washers, and all
Heat shield screw torque:
1 Nm (0.1 kg-m, 8 in-lb)
4. Secure the front of the heat shield to the side
support using the existing cap screw and nut.
5. Install the exhaust sensor from the old silencer.
Install the silencer into the rubber mount on the
chassis, then secure to the manifold using a new
gasket and three cap screws and nuts.
Silencer screw torque:
22 Nm (2.2 kg-m, 16 ft-lb)
6. Connect the oxygen sensor and install the spring
securing the resonator to the chassis.
PAGE 3 of 7
1. Drain off the brake fluid in the master cylinder.
Remove the brake master cylinder. Install the
new L-TX specification master cylinder with the
2. Add brake fluid and bleed the brake system.
Master cylinder clamp screw torque:
7.9 Nm (0.8 kg-m, 70 in-lb)
Banjo bolt torque:
28.3 Nm (2.8 kg-m, 252 in-lb)
Fuel Pump Modification and Installation
1. Install the fuel tank. Reinstall the wiring and the
fuel line, then install the side spars.
NOTE: Install the new Gold-colored fuel pump protector that is supplied.
Fuel pump screw tightening torque:
4.5 Nm (0.52 kg-m, 40 in-lb)
Side spar tighening torque:
35 Nm (3.5 kg-m, 25 ft-lb)
2. Install the battery.
3. Start the engine, then shift the snowmobile into
and out of reverse three times.
4. Stop the engine.
5. Install the upper, lower consoles, then install the
shroud, seat, rear storage bag, and both access
Console Nut Wrench:
Reconnect the seat heater harness connector
during seat installation.
PAGE 4 of 7
Point of Sale Registration
1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, then
depress and hold buttons (A) and (B). Continue
to hold (A) and (B) until the Diagnostic mode appears on the digital gauge.
2. Scroll using either of the left buttons until the
Point of Sale Registration Pin (POSR PIN) appears, then press the lower right button to select.
3. Press either left button until the first number is
correct, then press the lower right button to set
the number. Repeat for the remaining five numbers.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position for a
minimum of ten seconds for the gauge to completely power down.
5. Turn the ignition to the ON position. The gauge
should display normal with no U1000 or U1001
PAGE 5 of 7
Before adjusting a unit, check the Unit Status under YDS>Service>Warranty Claims>Authorization>Unit Status. If the parts have already been installed, it will show 090WJ has been completed. The absence of such a
code for a unit with an affected VIN indicates this procedure was not performed.
Fuel Pump Protector
Brake Master Cylinder
Brake Line Washers
Instructions with POSR Number
Updated parts can be identified as follows:
1. Spot weld on bracket on upper rear.
2. Gusset on the Y-pipe.
3. Fuel pump protector (gold-colored)
4. Brake master cylinder
PAGE 6 of 7
Service of all affected units is authorized regardless of warranty status, effective until December 31, 2016.
Submit a Service-Per-Bulletin Claim for the labor as described below using Campaign Number 090WJ. The
labor allowance is 1.7 hour.
To submit your Service-Per-Bulletin Claim in the new warranty system on YDS, go to Service>Warranty Claims
/ Authorization>New>Warranty Claim. From the menu, select Recall/ Service Per Bulletin Claim.
Enter 090WJ as the Campaign Number.
ENTER 090WJ HERE
Tag and hold replaced parts for 90 days from the date of the warranty request. After the 90 days, dispose of the
parts so they cannot be reused.
PAGE 7 of 7