Original filename: mansipoddarresumevisa.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - mansipoddarresumeMay2013.docx
Author: mansi poddar
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.8.4 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 14/01/2015 at 14:40, from IP address 182.56.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 7031 times.
File size: 84 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
mansipoddarresumevisa.pdf (PDF, 84 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: +91 – 9820228582.
Co-founder & CEO – Brown Paper Bag, www.bpbweekend.com, Mumbai, India (July ‘09 – Present)
Founded a leading multi-city lifestyle website and cultural marketplace, valuated at 2 million USD; which
in three years has expanded to a million monthly page views, 35,000 regular subscribers and a team of 13
editorial, marketing, technical and art professionals in Mumbai, Delhi & Pune.
Conceptualized, implemented and marketed a unique culinary loyalty program in Mumbai and Delhi,
named India’s best loyalty program by the National Restaurant Association in 2013.
Managing editor at the website & co-author of guidebook to Mumbai, to be published by Roli Books (initial
run of 3,000 copies).
Won a L’Oreal Femina Woman of the Year Award in 2012 and ranked amongst the “Top Five Opinion
Leaders” in the Indian blogosphere by national newspaper Hindustan Times. Also secured press coverage
in every major Indian publication, including Vogue and Elle magazines, Times of India, CNN & more.
Serve as a speaker and representative for BPB and the Indian online space, including as panelist at
New York University and the Futures of Entertainment conference at Massachusetts Institute of
Contributing editor &/or writer for CNNGo.com, Elle, Vogue, Verve magazines, shoplatitude.com, & more.
Managing Editor – Indipepal.com, Mumbai, India (Aug ‘08 – Aug ‘09)
• Led a team of 30 content, tech and graphic professionals to create diverse, quality content at Web 2.0
start-up portal which received up to a million hits every month and actively participated in key editorial,
strategic and marketing decisions.
• Designed comprehensive online vertical for India’s 2009 General Election, featuring exclusive blogs from
globally renowned experts like former UN Under Secretary General Shashi Tharoor and Columbia
University economist Jagdish Bhagwati.
• Oversaw marketing, PR, and brand-building activities, including placements in international media
outlets such as the BBC.
Visiting Faculty – Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai, India (August ‘07 – August ‘09 )
• Taught introduction courses on social marketing and CSR at a national Top 5 Advertising and
Marketing graduate program.
• Consulted on drafting of syllabus and oversee an internship program which last year achieved a
100% placement rate.
Director of Public Relations & Marketing - Learning Through an Expanded Arts Program (LEAP), New
(Aug ‘05 – Aug ’06)
• Managed a group of four to craft media messaging such as press releases, articles and newsletters for
various Leap programs, including Active Learning Leads to Literacy (ALLL), a federally funded plan from
the No Child Left Behind initiative.
• Garnered press spots on the Regis & Kelly Show, CNN, New York Daily News, and Nickelodeon
• Planned and implemented fund-raisers and conferences, including the Closing Bell ceremony at
the NASDAQ in August 2006.
Customized Leap programs for educational institutes, based on stringent requirements and severe
Junior Account Executive, Gibbs & Soell Public Relations, New York (Sept ’04- Aug ’05)
• Developed promotional materials, and pitched trade and consumer media for Fortune 500 clients such
as Tarkett and Syngenta.
• Handled the press room for Coverings 2005, the biggest flooring trade show in the Americas, generating
press in trade publications such as Tile Magazine and Ceramic Tiles, and consumer media like the
News Reporter, News India Times, New York (June ’04 – Sept ’04)
• Wrote features on issues pertaining to the expatriate South Asian community, including crime,
commerce and education.
New York University, Center for Global Affairs (Sept ‘06 – May ‘08), Master of Science in Global Affairs.
Lawrence University, WI, Bachelor of Arts, Major: Government, (Sept ’01 – May ’04)
New York University Dean’s Scholarship (Sept ’06 – Jan ‘07)
Lawrence University Scholarship for Academic Excellence (Sept ’01 – May ’04)
INTERNSHIPS AND COMMUNITY SERVICE
Founder & Teacher, Beyond Our Defined Horizons, Mumbai, India (June ’09 – Present)
• Along with a team of teachers, set up an afterschool program for children living in a South Mumbai
slum, that focuses on supplementary literacy and value-based education.
• Develop curriculum, recruit volunteers, and monitor student progress.
• Teach classes in literature, drama and ethics.
Public Relations Coordinator (Volunteer), United Way, Mumbai, India (June ‘08 – Aug ‘08)
• Evaluated educational programs of Pratham, a leading Indian NGO, in order to facilitate future
project funding by United Way.
• Media trained employees to prepare pitches and hooks for Mumbai Marathon ‘09, of which United
Way was the official NGO.
Communications Intern, Commission on Human Rights, New York (Jan ‘08 – April ’08)
• Participated in speech-writing efforts for Commissioner Patricia Gatling’s appearances at cultural
and employment rights forums.
• Sought to expand the Commission’s ongoing “One City” campaign through local publications and radio
Editorial Intern, Inside Outside Magazine & Indian Express Group, Mumbai, (June 1999 – June 2000)
• Wrote and edited main features for several issues on several topics including lighting, sculpture
• Served as liaison between editors, writers, architects and photographers.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog