Job Posting .pdf
Original filename: Job Posting.pdf
Author: Adam Rosenthal
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 23/02/2015 at 13:58, from IP address 137.52.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 881 times.
File size: 96 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Job Posting.pdf (PDF, 96 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Assistant Professor - Division of Rehabilitation Sciences, School of Health
Professions in Galveston, Texas
1. Doctoral degree in health service, epidemiology, public health nursing or related
2. Experience in qualitative and mixed methods research
3. Experience in stakeholder engagement (community)
Commensurate with experience
Specific Job Related Duties
This position is being recruited for the Patient Centered Outcomes Research for the Elderly
program, which includes three research projects using a mixed methods approach, combining
qualitative and quantitative methods. The projects also involve patient and provider stakeholders,
obtaining information on individual patient preference, etc. This faculty position will participate
on two of the projects. Specifically, the faculty will:
1. Conduct interviews and supervisor interviewers with relevant stakeholders including
patients, family members, providers and administrators.
2. Develop interview questionnaires to determine patient outcomes and treatment
3. Participate with project investigators in studies to establish the reliability and
validity of questionnaires.
4. Develop strategies and material to recruit participants to participate in interviews and
focus group discussions.
5. Collaborate with other project investigators in the: a) collection of patient data from
interviews and medical records; b) analyses of patient and stakeholder data using
quantitative and qualitative methods; c) preparation of papers, presentations and
progress reports; d) dissemination of study findings in journal articles, conference
presentations and technical reports.
6. Develop an individual research program in patient-centered outcomes research.
1. Evidence of ability to work as a member of a research team
2. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Preferred Work Experience
The faculty candidate will have experience in a well-established research center. In particular,
experience with minority populations is desired. The candidate should also have experience with
community-based research and quantitative methods, including open-ended interviews and
dissemination/implementation methods. Evidence of writing ability such as first author
publications is also important.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes
affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals
Current faculty include James S. Goodwin, MD, Kenneth Ottenbacher, PhD, OTR, John
Prochaska, DrPH, Timothy Reistetter, PhD, OTR, Taylor Riall, MD, PhD, Alai Tan, MD, PhD,
and Susan Weller, PhD.
Interested individuals can contact Stephanie Burt at email@example.com for more information.
They can apply online at http://utmb.jobs/ Job ID 42440 and upload a current curriculum
vitae, enter salary requirements and list the names and contact information of three references.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog