150304 Incommon Ranger Team Start Up LAN MOR .pdf
Original filename: 150304_Incommon_Ranger Team Start Up_LAN_MOR.pdf
Author: Lindsey Langford
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by PowerPoint / Mac OS X 10.7.5 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 04/03/2015 at 05:00, from IP address 121.45.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 292 times.
File size: 1.8 MB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
INDIGENOUS RANGER TEAM ‘START UP’
Are you interested in developing Indigenous land management enterprise or ranger team?
Incommon staﬀ have years of ‘hands on’ experience promo<ng and suppor<ng the growth of
Indigenous land management in remote Australia.
We believe that the future of eﬀec<ve land management in the rangelands region will be secured
through empowering Indigenous groups to:
• manage their own lands for posi<ve environmental outcomes
• secure fee for service contracts to deliver environmental services to a range of private land
holders and local, state and federal governments.
We can help your organiza<on to achieve its Indigenous land management goals through
• Community engagement and consulta<on
• Scoping and feasibility
• ‘On country’ par<cipatory planning
• Produc<on of a high quality strategic and business plans
• Workforce development including tailored land management skills and training delivery plans
• Stakeholder engagement
• Securing funding
• Project management
KEY STEPS PLANNING PHASE
Your organiza<on wants to develop or
e x p a n d a n I n d i g e n o u s l a n d
management service. That’s great,
contact us. Tell us who you are, where
you are from and what you want to do.
From here we can discuss your needs,
the facilita<on costs and possible
2.IDENTIFY AND DISCOVER
We will facilitate a workshop focused on
the building blocks of a successful land
management program including
• unpacking your organiza<on’s needs,
drivers and goals (why and what)
• iden<fying key personnel and leaders*
• opportunity and threats scanning
Your organiza<ons ‘vision’ for land
management service development will be
ar<culated during this workshop.
We will facilitate an exchange with a successful ‘ranger’
team. This involves:
• a discovery tour of key work-‐spaces, projects and
partnerships including ﬁrst hand focused discussion
and prac<cal engagement of what works, why and
• A post exchange debrief, ‘Where to Now’ session
that iden<ﬁes key learning, further inves<ga<on of
opportuni<es/threats and implementa<on
A two day workshop will be facilitated to develop a
high level strategic plan for land management services
including an outline of
• key land management services that will be
delivered by your group
• key partners
• key customers
* Inter-‐cultural leadership development workshops can be facilitated
in addi<on to the ranger team ‘start up’ development service. Go
to: In-‐common.org.au /leadership development
KEY STEPS DEVELOPMENT PHASE
1.START UP INVESTMENT
In line with your strategic plan, and as needed, we can
facilitate mee<ngs with the key development partners
(businesses/funders/training providers) and poten<al
customers for your land management services.
Your strategic plan will inform poten<al partners and
customers of your:
• Vision for land management
• Capacity for and strategy to provide land management
services and the
• opportuni<es to create shared value in partnering with
The outcome of this process is to secure an investment and
training commitment for a pilot land management project.
2. PILOT PROJECT
We will assist your group in the:
• development of a work plan
• design of a suitable training and skills development
• all aspects of project management including
monitoring and evalua<on
3. BUSINESS PLAN
The produc<on of a business plan is a vital step
in assessing your core capacity and service
oﬀering. The experience gained through the
strategic planning, stakeholder mapping and
pilot project steps will inform the business plan.
A professionally produced prospectus tells
the world who you are and what you do. It is
vital for a\rac<ng investment and securing
partnerships. We will work with you to
produce a high quality prospectus.
With the successful comple<on of the pilot
project, coupled with a strong business plan,
you are in good posi<on to bid for land
management service contracts and to
con<nue to build your ranger team. We can
con<nue to support you in wri<ng proposals,
draWing funding applica<ons and project
management on an as needs basis.