ATP 10 TIPS .pdf
Original filename: ATP 10 TIPS.pdf
Title: ATP TIPS copy
Author: JACOB CHRISTENSEN
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Pages / Mac OS X 10.10.2 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 24/03/2015 at 13:46, from IP address 76.180.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 514 times.
File size: 199 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
ATLAS TEST TIPS
ATLAS TEST PREP’S TOP TIPS
10. READ. Critical Reading skills are essential, reading an article from
NY Times a day will help reading comprehension & vocabulary skills.
9. PLAN. Know when the tests are offered, and plan to take 2-3 times.
8. PREPARE. You wouldn’t show up for a marathon without training,
don’t show up to your SAT or ACT without preparing.
7. SIMULATE. Take real, timed, exams in simulated settings.
6. STRATEGIZE. Slow down. Skip, circle, and come back. Math, Writing
and Sentence Completions go from E-M-H-all worth the same points.
5. 3-20-2. 25 minute Essay- Plan 3-Execute 20-Polish 2. Have thesis, 2
examples, conclusion, spread over 4/5 paragraphs & fill both pages.
4. REPHRASE. Extract useful info and write in your terms to get started
on math problems. Anticipate words and corrections on R & W sections.
3. DISSECT. Long passages need to be split into pieces that fit together.
Stay active & involved in reading the passage. Visualizing helps.
2. PAIR. Associate & visualize words to build your vocabulary. You won’t
know every word, but you can know the Atlas Hot 100 on the back.
1. BE PREPARED. Let us help plan your preparation-lets get started!