it sem8 gap assignments .pdf
Original filename: it_sem8_gap_assignments.pdf
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by easyPDF SDK 7.0 / BCL easyPDF 7.00 (0353), and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 27/03/2015 at 07:15, from IP address 103.233.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 421 times.
File size: 12 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Assignment No. 1
Explain various hardware, software and platforms of game development.
Explain smart and naked pointers.
Explain general process of game development.
Explain GDD (Game Design Document).
Assignment No. 2
1. State design patterns that are commonly used in game design and explain four of
2. Explain why game development has to be tier-based? Describe application for tierbased approach to architecture design.
3. Explain Conceptual framework at a game.
4. Discuss seven golden principles of effective game design.
Assignment No. 3
1. Explain various platforms on which game can be deployed on. What are advantages
& disadvantages of each of these platforms?
2. Explain in brief how Direct-X can be used to develop games.
3. What are smart pointers? Write a short note on the different ways in which they can
4. Describe the game build process.
5. What is source control? Explain in brief the different functionalities provided by the
source control system.
Assignment No. 4
1. What are Sprites? Why are they used? Write a basic sprite class and explain various
properties in it.
2. What are two methods of drawing text on screen and what are its advantages &
3. Write a short note on clean up processes that are must follow during and after the
4. Define middleware? Describe the popular 3D engines currently in use.
5. What are 3 stages of running a game? Explain in detail.
Assignment No. 5
1. Describe the 3D graphic pipeline in detail. Explain the various inputs to this pipeline
and the operation performed on it by graphics pipeline.
2. Draw the scene graph representing solar system and explain the same.
3. What are the different methods of compression in use?
4. Write a short note on Audio formats.