Projekt Sanyang Schule englisch .pdf
Original filename: Projekt Sanyang-Schule-englisch.pdf
Title: Projekt Sanyang-Schule-englisch
Author: Rainer Kopf
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.10.5 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 29/08/2015 at 11:55, from IP address 84.176.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 337 times.
File size: 1.8 MB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Equipment Sanyang School
Project beginning: Q3 2015 (if possible before the beginning of school year in
Gambia, Sanyang, about 30km south of Serekunda, 35 km south of
Bakau, 13km west of Brikama, 6,500 inhabitants.
Primary Lower Basic School
- Built in 1964
- Building for Staffs was built by Belgian charity, rest of the building
of the municipality of Sanyang.
- 1150 students
- 20 teachers female
- 27 teachers male
- 5 employees (janitors etc.)
- 1 Cleaner
- 15 classrooms in different buildings in various states.
- 50-60 students in a class.
- number of students has part mornings another part has afternoons.
- Less chairs and tables as students, partially 2 students share a
chair or sit on the floor.
- With financial aid from the World Bank partial renovation of the
building is carried out.
- Photos of state of the buildings are available (see appendix).
Senior Secondary School
- So that the children do not have to travel long distances to other
towns for the secondary school the municipality of Sanyang has
been decided, that there should be a secondary school in the
village (Senior Secondary School). For this purpose, the required
building is currently under development by the municipality.
- The building will be ready in the near future, it includes 3 rooms.
- It lacks the funds for classroom equipment.
- Classroom facilities for Senior Secondary School.
- For a fully equipped 150 chairs, 75 tables and a minimum of 3
panels are needed.
- Offers for the furniture are straight-acting.
- Project scope is in 3 sections (per 1 classroom) divided in time and
150 chairs x 684 Dalasi
75 tables x 1,300 Dalasi
3 tablets x 2,880 Dalasi
= 102,600 Dalasi
= 97,500 Dalasi
= 8,640 Dalasi
= 2,052 €
= 1,950 €
= 172 €
Total Cost: = 4,174 €
Cost per project section
50 chairs x 684 Dalasi
25 tables x 1,300 Dalasi
1 table = 2,880 Dalasi
= 34,200 Dalasi
= 32,500 Dalasi
= 684 €
= 650 €
= 58 €
Project Financing: Use of earmarked funds, ie only donations, which were collected
specifically for this project (exception: there are free, unrestricted
funds available and will be released by the board / advisory board).
Note: currently available are 700 € by donation of firefighters
Neubulach-Liebelsberg; to expect further donation at the end of
October 2015 of the farewell ceremony in company of Rainer Kopf,
so the 1. section of the project would be funded.
- Rainer Kopf, Help for West-Africa eV, overall project management.
- Sharef Bojang, community Sanyang, VDC (Village District Chief),
project management on site, tecn. Implementation.
- Angela Garcia, financial management and control on site, contact
for Help for West-Africa eV.
Compliance: - The project, embedded in the overall activities of the municipality of
Sanyang, corresponds to our strategy for the effective and efficient use of
donations, no follow-up costs, community has participation in the costs of
the whole project for a new school (Senior Secondary School) through the
creation of buildings.
- Since the tables, chairs and tables are created locally by resident
companies, the project corresponds to our strategy of sustainability, ie
strengthening of local infrastructure.
Information - To school a garden area (arable land) belongs cultivated with mainly
beans; Water supply is guaranteed by community Sanyang.
- Due to the cultivation of beans, lunch for the students can be cooked.
- Food in school is a very important argument or crucial incentive that
children go to school (at home they would probably get namely nothing to
eat), so the statement of the contact person Sharef Bojang spot.
- Overall impression: Municipality is committed as far as their financially are
possible, the school is well organized and ambitious, example is the
planned extension to the Senior Secondary School.