Original filename: PCP.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by / Oracle XML Publisher 5.6.2, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 04/01/2016 at 20:40, from IP address 108.168.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 1150 times.
File size: 34 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
PCP.pdf (PDF, 34 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
THE REGIONAL MUNICIPALITY OF DURHAM
Primary Care Paramedic
Job ID: 7413
CUPE Local 1764
Open: Jan 04, 2016
Close: Jan 13, 2016
Primary Care Paramedic
The Health Department has an opportunity for highly motivated, results-oriented individuals to fill the positions of Primary
Care Paramedic. The incumbents will:
● Receive and respond to requests for service assigned by the ambulance dispatch centre
● Administer effective out of hospital medical care and transportation to ill or injured patients
● Operate paramedic emergency response vehicles, in accordance with legislation and policy, providing timely and safe
response to requests for paramedic service and transportation of ill and/or injured patients to appropriate medical
● Collect relevant information for ambulance call reports, associated documentation and transfer/continuity of medical
● Maintain accurate patient records and provide accurate documentation of daily activities
● Ensure proper working order of emergency vehicles and equipment by inspecting and reporting any necessary
deficiencies, replacing malfunctioning equipment and supplies, at both the commencement and throughout each tour of
The successful applicants will possess:
● Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSGD) or equivalent
● Post secondary diploma in Ambulance and Emergency Care or Paramedic Studies from a College of Applied Arts and
● Provincial certification as an Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (AEMCA)
● Certification from a Base Hospital as a Primary Care Paramedic (including symptom relief drug administration and
semi-automatic external defibrillation)
● Knowledge of applicable legislation, Regional Policies and Procedures, i.e. Ambulance Act, Occupational Health and
Safety Act, Ministry of Health and Long-term Care regulations and standards, Base Hospital policies, procedures,
standards and medical directives
● Practical knowledge of current Basic Life Support (BLS) Patient Care Standards
● Complete and up-to-date record of immunization, driver's abstract and criminal record search
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills utilizing tact and diplomacy
● Sound judgement and assessment skills, coupled with the ability to interpret and analyze symptoms while working in a
● Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
● Valid Ontario Class 'F' Driver's Licence and CPR certificate
Additionally, applicants will meet all the requirements of the Ambulance Act and Regulations.
CUPE 1764 Salary Grade 7
This position is with Salary Grade 7 and will be paid at the following hourly rates:
● Start: $38.31
● Six Month: $40.44
● Job: $42.57
Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Sector
A current acceptable Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Clearance will be required for this position as a
pre-condition to employment.
Page 2 of 2 Health Department
Job ID: 7413 - Primary Care Paramedic
External Application Process
Come find a home where exciting and rewarding careers are balanced with your lifestyle. We thank all applicants;
however, only those being considered will be contacted. Please apply online (www.durham.ca) no later than midnight on
the closing date indicated on the Job Posting.
The Region of Durham is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: If you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process, or if this information is required in an
accessible format, please contact us at: RecruitingHelp@durham.ca and a Consultant will provide appropriate assistance
pursuant to the Region's Accommodation and Accessibility policies. Please note that resumes should not be sent to
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/regionofdurham
Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/regionofdurham
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog