BBQ Guidelines .pdf
Original filename: BBQ Guidelines.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - Rules and Reg.docx
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2 / GPL Ghostscript 8.15, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 11/02/2016 at 21:47, from IP address 204.84.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 392 times.
File size: 45 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
BBQ Guidelines.pdf (PDF, 45 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
BBQ Prizes, Guidelines, and Rules
Welcome to the 1st Wolfpack Club BBQ Bowl. Below are the rules and regulations for our Cook-off.
The Overall Winner of the Cook-off will also represent the Wolfpack Club in the annual North Carolina
BBQ Cook-off held at the NC State Fairgrounds each fall. North Carolina Pork Council Sanctioned judges
will determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place and local celebrity judges will determine their own favorite BBQ.
Bragging rights are at stake!
• 1st Place – Paid entry fee into the North Carolina Pork Council State BBQ Cook-off, on field
recognition during the football home opener, 4 suite tickets and parking to home opener, 4
autographed NC State football jerseys, and tour of the Murphy Football Center.
• 2nd Place – Eligible to enter North Carolina Pork Council State BBQ Cook-off, recognition on
scoreboard during the football home opener, 4 club level tickets and a parking pass to the home
opener, 4 autographed footballs by Tom O’Brien, tour of the Murphy Football Center.
• 3rd Place – Eligible to enter North Carolina Pork Council State BBQ Cook-off, recognition on
scoreboard during the football home opener, 4 tickets and a parking pass to the home opener,
tour of the Murphy Football Center.
BBQ Guidelines and Rules:
1. Each team must have a Chief Cook with a minimum of one assistant, but no more than three
assistants. Chief Cook must be at least 18 years old. One team member MUST be a Wolfpack
2. Check-in will begin at 1:00pm Friday, April 15, in the Motorhome Lot of Carter Finley Stadium.
Upon checking in, each team will be given one Motorhome-sized parking spot to set up their
cooker and tailgate. (Approximately size is 10 ft x 30 ft)
3. You must have a 5 lb fire extinguisher at your site within reach of your firebox. Campus Safety
will come by to check on this.
4. North Carolina Barbecue is defined by the NC Pork Council (NCPC) as chopped/sliced pork meat
seasoned as the cook believes necessary for best taste. Pork meat (whole hog, shoulders, hams,
fresh and uncured) may be prepared on a wood, charcoal or gas fire, basted or not, as the cook
sees fit. Due to the fact that on-site judges are trained on the basis of whole hog contests,
contests sanctioned by the NCPC must be whole hog contests. Meat for a contest entry may not
be precooked or cured in any way prior to inspection at the beginning of the contest.
5. Each team shall supply its own cooking ingredients, grills, utensils, tables, tents, chairs, fuel
(wood, gas or charcoal), or any item or material which the cook desires. The Wolfpack Club will
provide a cooking area, sanitary facilities, and an approximately 100 lb dressed hog.
6. Pigs will be passed out to each team at 9:00 pm on Friday night.
7. Each team must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of their county health
department, including but not limited to:
a. After cooking, meat must be maintained above 140ºF and covered.
b. Aprons and hats must be worn by all cooks and assistants.
c. Cleanliness of cooking area and personnel is required.
d. No pets or small animals are allowed in cooking areas.
8. You will be provided 10 wristbands in your check-in packet. Please wear your wristband at all
times. These wristbands are for your team to eat on Saturday. If you do not have your
wristband, you will not be able to get through the gate and you will also not be able to eat. NO
EXCEPTIONS. Additional wristbands can be purchased upon check-in for $5 each.
9. Only people with wristbands will be allowed to eat any prepared BBQ.
10. Electricity IS available. Generators will be allowed as long as they do not bother the teams
around you. Please position your generator as far from your neighbors as possible. If noise
becomes a problem, you will be asked to turn off your generator. This will be up to the
discretion of the BBQ Staff.
11. Judging will start at 8:00 am. Judging will be on-site and at each cooker. Judges will have
approximately 5 minutes at each pig.
12. Water and ice will be available at central locations. Teams must provide their own water
containers. Attempts will be made to assist you in hauling water and ice.
13. A maximum of 4 people per team may spend the night (between the hours of 12:00AM and
6:00AM) in the Motorhome Lot to cook the pig.
14. Please see your packet for additional cooking rules.
15. The Chief Cook will be held responsible for the conduct of his/her team and guests.
16. The contestants are encouraged to decorate their cooking area with streamers, banners, flags,
signs, etc., in any way to boast about their team or their superiority in the finer arts of "outdoor
cooking". The showmanship judging will take place at 8:00 pm on Friday Night.
17. Contestants may not sell or give food or beverages to the general public. Under no
circumstances are alcoholic beverages to be distributed to the general public by contestants.
18. Each team is responsible for clean up of their area at the conclusion of the contest.
19. After judging, each team is responsible for pulling and chopping the pork and putting it in trays
that will be provided by the Wolfpack Club.
20. On-site judging by NCPC approved judges is a requirement for the contest. NCPC approved
judges are not a requirement for the blind taste and showmanship competition.
21. The contest must use NCPC’s score sheets. Each team will receive score sheets with their
registration packet as a way to prepare for the contest.
22. All other questions regarding the contest and its rules will be referred to the NCPC.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog