mossack fonseca on powerful us1633 .pdf
Original filename: mossack fonseca on powerful us1633.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by / iTextSharp™ 5.4.1 ©2000-2012 1T3XT BVBA (AGPL-version), and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 26/02/2016 at 02:57, from IP address 23.19.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 568 times.
File size: 2 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
mossack fonseca on powerful us
House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee Chairman Kevin Brady (R - Texas) has
disclosed that, under his leadership, the Committee will immediately draft US international tax
reform legislation, while laying the framework for more comprehensive tax reform in 2017.
On February 12, 2016, Mr. Brady delivered the keynote address at the Tax Council Policy
Institute's 17th Annual Tax Policy & Practice Symposium, and confirmed that, "in the months
ahead and beyond, the Ways and Means Committee will be the center of the tax reform
discussion and debate. … The code we have is too costly, complex and unfair. It is abundantly
clear that now is the time to overhaul our tax system from top to bottom".
Chairman Brady's proposed changes include:
• Making the tax code simpler, fairer, and flatter
• Replacing the current world-wide tax system with a permanent, modern territorial-type system
• Closing loopholes, eliminating special rules and limiting deductions, exclusions and credits
• Providing businesses both large and small with a competitive tax system, including a fair and
competitive tax rate
• Encouraging businesses to locate their operations in the United States rather than incentivizing
(effectively) the shift of jobs overseas
Mr. Brady confirmed that the Committee will move forward immediately to draft international tax
reform legislation - "as we plan for that finish line in 2017, developments in the global environment
demand our immediate attention."