Common Concerns About Orthodontic.... .pdf
Original filename: Common Concerns About Orthodontic.....pdf
Author: Nurturing Health
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Word 2010, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 07/03/2016 at 11:03, from IP address 171.50.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 203 times.
File size: 167 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Common Concerns About Orthodontic
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that helps to improve the positioning of a person's teeth.
Orthodontics treatment is necessary when a person's teeth are misaligned or do not fit properly. If not
treated at time, it can increase the chance of injury to jaws and teeth. Dr Khullar's Dental Clinic in
Gurgaon, will discuss some of the common concerns about orthodontic treatment. They have best
orthodontist in Gurgaon, who will discuss all concerns in detail.
Some common concerns about orthodontic treatment are as follow :
1. Cross bite - In this malocclusion, the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth, which cause misaligned jaw
growth and tooth stratification. The lower jaw usually swings to one side to allow the back teeth to mesh
resulting in posterior cross bite.
2. Under bite - It is characterized by extending of the lower jaw too far out which cause the lower front
teeth to sit in front of the upper front teeth.
3. Overbite - It is characterized by extending of the upper front teeth too far out causing the lower front
teeth to bite into the roof of the mouth, which can give you a gummy smile and protruding lips.
4. Open bite - The upper and lower front teeth do not overlap in this type of bite due to which proper
chewing is impacted. It may also cause a number of unwanted habits like thumb sucking and tongue
5. Crowding - It is the most common reason for braces which occurs when there is insufficient room
between teeth to erupt from the gums. It becomes harder to clean overlapping teeth's surfaces.
6. Spacing - Spacing problems can be caused due to missing teeth. It is another popular reason for use of
braces. It is caused by excessive jaw room for the size of the erupting teeth.
7. Ectopic teeth - The teeth which develop in the wrong position are called ectopic teeth. And, these can
be repositioned with the help of braces.
8. Impacted teeth - In this condition, there is no sufficient space to erupt. To overcome this problem, the
treatment involves creating space which will allow the impacted tooth to erupt.
9. Protruded teeth - When the position of the upper jaw is forward of the lower jaw, it results in
protruded teeth. The lower front teeth can over-erupt which can damage the gum behind the top front
teeth. They are also very unattractive and prone to accidental damage.
10. Midlines:- A dental midline is the line between two upper front teeth and two lower front teeth. And,
due to this, your back bite may not fit and match. This will lead to problems with the functioning of your
jaw and teeth.
Hence, these were some common concerns about orthodontics. If you are also looking for a
orthodontic treatment, you can visit Dr Khullar's Dental Clinic he is one of the best dentures in gurgaon.
They provide braces in Gurgaon at very affordable cost. You can contact them to schedule a appointment.
Visit their website for more details: www.drkhullardentalclinic.com
Reference By:- https://drkhullarsdentalclinic.wordpress.com/2016/03/07/common-concerns-aboutorthodontic/