Director of Debating manifesto .pdf
Original filename: Director of Debating manifesto.pdf
Title: Director of Debating manifesto
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Pages / Mac OS X 10.9.5 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 01/04/2016 at 16:37, from IP address 129.12.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 385 times.
File size: 31 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Director of Debating manifesto.pdf (PDF, 31 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
P R A NAV S A H N I
D E B AT I N G D I R E C T O R
It has been an honour and a privilege serving as your President for the 2015-2016 Academic Year. As this year draws to a close, I am pleased to announce that our society has seen a
tremendous increase in membership, internal and external participation and collaborations. I believe that my experience as President has endowed me with the skills required to serve as Director of
If elected to this position, I promise to implement the following measures:
Dedicated Training Days - I promise to hold dedicated training sessions on a separate day from our weekly debate, to assist those who want to improve their argumentation and find a
teammate that best compliments them.
2) Preparation of an Term Card: I will work with the committee and the general membership to compile a Term Card which will incorporate debates on wide range of topics, this will
improve publicity and enable us to attract a diverse set of participants and attendees.
3) Competitions Policy - I will work with the President and the Treasurer to fashion a comprehensive competitions policy that serves the needs of the members
while giving due consideration to Society finances.
4) Organisation of Internal Competitions: I pledge to organise termly internal competitions to enable our members to experience the rigours of an external Debate. This
will also provide them with an opportunity to utilise the skills acquired during the training sessions.
5) Pre- Competition Workshop- I promise to organise a pre-competition workshop with every delegation participating in an external debate to ensure that all doubts and queries are addressed.
6) Host an External and Varsity Competition: I will endeavour to work with the committee to host an external debate competition at the University of Kent and reach out to
our “compatriots” at Canterbury Christ Church to organise a Varsity competition in order to give our members another chance to see our University emerging victorious.
Thank you for reading my manifesto and best of luck to every candidate
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog