CLAT GK Preparation .pdf
Original filename: CLAT_GK_Preparation.PDF
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by convertonlinefree.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 11/04/2016 at 12:20, from IP address 122.160.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 339 times.
File size: 151 KB (5 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
CLAT GK Preparation
1.Sunila Abeysekara, who passed away on September 9, 2013, was a famous Sri
1. Human Rights Campaigner
2. Business Woman
2. Deepak Sandhu, on September 5, 2013, became India's:
1. First woman head of a PSU
2. First woman chief of CBI
3. First woman Chief Information Commissioner
4. First woman Chief Election Commissioner
3. Bank Rate, effective from September 20, 2013, is:
4. On September 15, 2013, India successfully test-fired its inter-continental surface to
surface ballistic missile, ………….., which has a strike range of over 5000 kms.
1. Agni V
2. Agni IV
3. Prithvi V
3. Dharti V
5. Meeting of the National Integration Council (NIC) took place on September 23, 2013, in
New Delhi in the backdrop of communal riots in which of the following cities:
6. The G-20 summit held on September 5, 2013, was the _________ meeting of the G-20
heads of Government.
7. Which book by Indian- American author, Jhumpa Lahiri has made it to this year's Man
Booker Prize Shortlist:
1. We need new names
2. Interpreter of Maladies
3. The Namesake
4. The Lowland
8. Daocheng Yading in China, recently hit the headlines in September 2013. It is the world’s
1. Motorable road
9. ________ and ________ are the respective winners of the 2013 US Open Women’s and
Men’s Singles titles:-
1. Serena Williams, Andy Murray
2. Victoria Azarenka, Rafael Nadal
3. Serena William, Roger Federer
4. Serena Williams, Rafael Nadal
10. Megan Young was recently crowned ‘Miss World 2013’ in Indonesia. She belongs to
which country:1. Indonesia
11. According to the recently released ‘Lancet Global Health Journal’ report, India has made
a steady progress in reducing the mortality rate of children below 5 years, which fell from
2.5 million in 2001 to _______ in 2012.
1. 2 million
2. 1.8 million
3. 1.5 million
4. 1 million
12. In a significant development in the last week of September, 2013, Prime Minister Dr.
Manmohan Singh and US President Mr. Barack Obama sealed the first commercial nuclear
power pact between the two countries. As per the deal, the Nuclear Power Corporation of
India LTd. (NPCIL) signed a preliminary commercial contract with which US company to
develop a nuclear power plant in Gujarat:1. Detroit Edison Electric Company
3. Westinghouse Electric Company
2. Georgia Power Company
4. Pacific Gas & Electric Company
13. Who has been elected as the 9th President of the International Olympic Committee
1. Thomas Bach
2. Juan Antonio Samaranch
3. Jacques Rogge
4. Michael Morris
14. On September 1, 2013, which Indian state scripted history in healthcare services by
introducing the country's first tele-radiology service:
15. India will build the world’s largest solar power plant to generate 4000 MW from sunlight
in which of the following states:1. Andhra Pardesh
16. Delhi, on September 6, 2013, became the first state in the country to:
1. Lay down comprehensive guidelines for prevention of child abuse
2. Lay down comprehensive guidelines for abolition of female foeticide
3. Lay down comprehensive guidelines for abolition of human trafficking
4. Lay down comprehensive guidelines for prevention of water pollution
17. Which of the following countries is regarded as the home of 'Fabian Socialism'?
18. The atmospheric layer farthest from the Earth's surface is known as
19. The temperate grasslands of South America are called
20. Photon is the fundamental unit/quantum of
21. Match the company and the place where it originates from
Place of origin
1. a-ii, b-i, c-iv, d-iii
2. a-ii, b-i, c-iii, d-iv
3. a-iii, b-ii, c-i, d-iv
4. a-iii, b-iv, c-i, d-ii
22. Match Column A with Column B.
a. Peter Drucker
b. APJ Abdul Kalam
i. Development as Freedom
ii. Bring Up The Bodies
c. Hilary Mantel
iii. Wings Of Fire
d. Amartya Sen
iv. The End Of Economic Man
1. a-i, b-ii, c-iii, d- iv
2. a-iv, b-iii, c-ii, d-i
3. a-ii, b-iii, c-i, d-iv
4. a-iii, b-ii, c-i, d-iv
23. Which is the correct Country - Currency Match?
A. a-i, b-ii, c-iii, d-iv
B. a-iii, b-i, c-iv, d-ii
C. a-iv, b-i, c-iii, d-ii
D. a-iv, b-ii, c-i, d-iii
24. Name the first Miss America of Indian descent:
1. Purva Rana
2. Manasi Moghe
3. Srishti Rana
4. Nina Davuluri
25. On September 9, 2013 which financial sector regulator was brought under the
administrative control of the Ministry of Finance:
1. Forward Markets Commission (FMC)
2. Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
3. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
4. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA)
Directions for questions 26 to 30 : Each question below has only one correct
statement out of four. Identify the correct statement.
1.The only Veda to have been rendered musically is the Sama Veda.
2.Port Blair is situated in North Andaman.
3.The outermost layer of the Sun is called photosphere.
4.Nhava Sheva, a major Indian port, is in the state of Gujarat.
27. The full form of AIDS is Abnormal Immuno Deficiency Syndrome.
2.The The growing list of judges of Indian American origin saw another addition on
September 6, 2013, when Preet Bharara, a prominent Indian-American Lawyer, was
appointed as a state judge in Northern California, becoming the first south Asian to
assume the position.
3.India has firmly supported the US in launching a military attack on Syria.
4.Laparoscopy is concerned with gynecological operations.
28.1.Roberto Azevedo, the current Director General Of WTO, is from Brazil
2.It is necessary to be a member of either house of parliament to be appointed as
governor of a state.
3.Meeting of the National Integration Council (NIC) took place on September 23,
2013, in New Delhi in the backdrop of communal riots in Nagpur.
4.Maggi is a cult brand marketed by Dabur India.
29.1.Dialysis of kidneys involves the process of reverse osmosis.
2.IC chips used in computers are usually made of chromium.
3. In an eye donation, it is the lens that is donated.
4.MK Gandhi had said that it was his ultimate aim to wipe every tear from every eye.
30. 1.The G-20 summit held on September 5, 2013, was the seventh meeting of the G20 heads of Government.
2.Angela Merkel recently secured a historic third win as the Chancellor of Italy.
3.Mark Webber won the Italian Grand prix at Monza on September 8, 2013
4.The age of the tree can be found by counting the annual growth rings in a
section of its stem.
For Online CLAT Coaching and Online CLAT Preparation, Join Bulls Eye.