PSY 428 Week 5 Individual Review of Chapters 1 16 .pdf
Original filename: PSY 428 Week 5 Individual Review of Chapters 1-16.pdf
Title: PSY 428 Week 5 Individual Review of Chapters 1-16
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 19/04/2016 at 16:33, from IP address 103.227.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 216 times.
File size: 388 KB (22 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
PSY 428 Week 5 Individual Review of Chapters
To purchase this material click on below link
For more classes visit
PSY428 REVIEW OF CHAPTERS 1-15 Guide
1. The field of organizational psychology began to
take its present shape in the _____.
b) early 1900s
d) early 1800s
2. Organizational psychologists collect data most
frequently using ____________.
none of the above
3. The transitioning process by which a new hire
becomes a productive member of an organization
is known in organizational psychology as:
4. Which of the following is not true regarding
realistic job previews?
a) They should only provide applicants
with positive information
b) They may lower applicants’
expectations of a job
They may reduce turnover
d) They can facilitate newcomer
5. Employee behaviors that are not required
under a formal job description (e.g., altruism,
general courtesy) are known in organizational
psychology as _______.
Organizational personal behaviors
Organizational citizenship behaviors
6. An evaluation of the results of an employee’s
actual performance on the job is the evaluation of
that employee’s ________.
7. Job satisfaction has been shown to correlate
with many other variables, but its strongest
relationship appears to be with ___________.
8. The three most commonly researched forms of
organizational commitment are referred to as
continuance, affective, and normative
regular, neutral, and super
heavy, moderate, and light
entering, staying, leaving
9. Choose the best definition of counterproductive
a) Behavior that slows an employee down
on the job.
b) Behavior that runs against the goals of
c) Behavior that prevents an employee
from being effective.
d) Behavior determined by market
10. Time lost and frequency measures are most
commonly used to evaluate which of the following
11. Organizational psychologists commonly refer
to “good” and “bad” turnover as which of the
optimal and dysfunctional
acceptable and unacceptable
hiring and firing
healthy and unhealthy
12. Occupational health and stress are influenced
by _____________ factors.
13. Researchers who focus mainly on the negative
effects of workplace stress are likely adhering to
which of the following approaches to occupational
14. Which of the following terms is defined as an
aspect of the work or job environment for which
an employee may need to adapt or change?
15. _____ role overload is due to the amount of
demands; ________ role overload is due to the
perceived difficulty of those demands by a
16. Motivation is best described in terms of a
d) all of the above can be useful in
describing a person’s motivation
17. The theory of motivation that is based on the
perceived fairness of transactional relationships
between individuals and organizations is
18. Within expectancy theory, a person’s belief
that his/her performance will lead to a particular
outcome is known as _____________.
19. Which of the following theories of motivation
views motivation as an ongoing process of
monitoring, comparison with a standard, and
adjustments to ensure progress is being made?
Social cognitive theory