RESTREINT EU/EU RESTRICTED
(a) the requirements for the application for an advance ruling, including the information to
be provided and the format;
(b) the time period by which it will issue an advance ruling; and
(c) [EU: the length of time for which the advance ruling is valid].
9. Where a Party revokes, modifies, [US: or] invalidates [EU: , or annuls] an advance ruling, it shall
provide written notice to the person to whom it provided the ruling, setting out the relevant facts
and the basis for its decision. Where the Party revokes, modifies, [US: or] invalidates [EU: , or
annuls] an advance ruling with retroactive effect, it may only do so where the ruling was based on
incomplete, incorrect, false, or misleading information.
10. Each Party shall provide, upon written request of an applicant, an administrative review of the
advance ruling or of the decision to revoke, modify, [US: or] invalidate [EU: , or annul] it.
11. An advance ruling issued by a Party shall be binding throughout its [EU: customs] territory.
12. Each Party shall make [EU: information on] [US: its] advance rulings publicly available on the
Internet [EU: , taking into account the need to protect commercially confidential information]. A
Party may redact portions of an advance ruling in accordance with its laws, regulations, and
Article [ ]: Release of goods
1. Each Party shall adopt or maintain simplified customs procedures for the efficient release of
goods that are otherwise eligible for release upon completion of such procedures.
2. Each Party shall
(a) adopt or maintain procedures that provide for the prompt release of goods within a period
no greater than that required to ensure compliance with its laws, regulations, and procedures,
[US: and to the extent possible, within 48 hours of the goods' arrival,] provided that the
goods are otherwise eligible for release; and
(b) promptly inform the importer where a Party does not release goods [US: within 48 hours
3. Each Party shall:
(a) adopt or maintain procedures that provide for the electronic submission of
documentation and data required for importation, including manifests, prior to the arrival of
(b) begin processing such submission prior to the arrival of the goods with a view to
enabling the release of goods on their arrival; and