CGChen CV&Resume .pdf
Original filename: CGChen_CV&Resume.pdf
This PDF 1.6 document has been generated by Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 (Macintosh) / Adobe PDF library 11.00, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 17/05/2016 at 00:44, from IP address 72.53.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 8107 times.
File size: 4.5 MB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
CGChen_CV&Resume.pdf (PDF, 4.5 MB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
May 16, 2016
647 781 8816
BDes, Graphic Design
47 Fraser Ave.
Hi, my name is CG Chen,
and I’m interested in the ‘Product Designer’ position
at Format. I think I’d be a great asset to the team
with a diverse background in designing across
multiple mediums and platforms.
I’ve just ﬁnished my degree at OCAD University, with
I believe in innovation ﬁrst
As a designer, I’m much more interested
in creating things for the ﬁrst time rather than
creating “just another of...”
a major in Graphic Design. However during my time
there I’ve started my own company, dabbled into
creating products like backpacks, online
e-commerce stores and found that I have a
unsatiable thirst for creating great products and
My thesis project, Welcome Home App is an
example of that. We are currently trying to
develop the ﬁrst web/mobile app in the city of
Toronto that will allow homeless individuals to
ﬁnd help and important information on their
During this project, I dove into UI/UX research,
especially into the most innovative web and
mobile applications and used design thinking
methods to conduct user research, facilitate
co-creation sessions, do user testing and create
interactive prototypes. I’ve also had to pitch to
various stakeholders during different stages to
back my design decisions.
I believe in empowering artists/designers
I co-founded the school’s ﬁrst student
entrepreneurship club to help students sell
their products, provide mentorship and
create programs to engage and empower
students to learn from Entrepreneurs.
I’ve co-curated an innovative art show
#52cardsartshow where we only took
submissions from instagram and sold them
as prints to the public online.
I’ve always been passionate about
empowering creatives and that’s why I
believe I would be a great ﬁt at Format.
I’d love an opportunity for an interview
so I can share more about my product
design experiences and learn about more
Format as a company. You can reach me at
my phone number or email above.
Sincerely, CG Chen
647 781 8816
BDes, Graphic Design
at OCAD U
Community & Events
UNITY Shop Director
Back @ School
Web Design Intern
I’m a Dreamer Inc.
Jr. Graphic Designer Founder
Elmer’s Canada, Jr. Graphic Designer, 2012
- Created concepts for in store & online campaigns (ads, catalogues, sell-sheets, price- lists, x-stands, posters, media releases, in-store signage).
- Created concepts and ﬁnal designs for new packaging meeting Canadian bilingual compliance, and shipping/distribution guidelines. Developed
product for overseas production using BOMs.
- Worked with Creative Director, Product Manager and Marketing team to ensure all items in store are prepared for in-store sales and features.
- Website/catalogue product photography, photo editing and re-touching.
UNITY Charity, UNITY Shop Director, 2013
- Created and re-branded UNITY Shop’s identity, conducted user interviews, community research and spoke to various stakeholders.
- Designed and launched UNITY’s ﬁrst e-commerce shop on Shopify (www.unishop.ca)
- Strategized various marketing channels including testing new products via social media, launching pop-up shop at Tangerine, leading sales
strategy during UNITY’s annual festival
- Designed graphics on caps, beanies, crewnecks, hoodies, t-shirts, tank-tops and club jackets
- Creative directed, shot & edited all marketing material including online shop, photo-shoots, ﬂyers, banners & e-blasts.
- Conceived merchandising strategy for online and ofﬂine sales, contests, social media, and marketing strategies
- Created cost sheets, budgets, buying plans, inventory systems, ﬁled invoices, PO’s for suppliers.
Luxebox, Lead Designer, 2014
- Designed newsletters and online graphic ads for Luxebox, including brands like Estee Lauder, Givenchy, L'oreal, and Beneﬁt Cosmetics
- Helped cut printing costs by 10% per quarter
- Contributed to customer service engagement strategies
- Designed packaging, product cards for Luxeboxes, including the 2015 Luxebox Limited Edition Bene-Boutique
- Design online Facebook ads, ads to Twitter and other social media platforms
Imagination Catalyst, Community & Events Coordinator, 2015
- Worked with the Executive Director, Program Manager and OCAD U’s Marketing & Communications staff and implemented a social
media strategy that aligns with IC’s strategic goals, and led growth on Twitter by 600% within 4 months
- Created a Mailchimp mailing a list and opt-in option on website, and grew mailing list from 0 to 1000 under two months, and continued
its growth at 25% month after month
- Stimulated online conversation through twitter, both daily and as part of campaigns, for speciﬁc IC events or initiatives, through smart,
strategic and timely communications with OCAD U community and participants in Toronto’s entrepreneurial ecosystem
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog