This PDF 1.6 document has been generated by Adobe Illustrator CC 2014 (Macintosh) / Adobe PDF library 11.00, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 17/05/2016 at 00:44, from IP address 72.53.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 8107 times.
File size: 4.73 MB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
May 16, 2016
647 781 8816
BDes, Graphic Design
47 Fraser Ave.
Hi, my name is CG Chen,
and I’m interested in the ‘Product Designer’ position
at Format. I think I’d be a great asset to the team
with a diverse background in designing across
multiple mediums and platforms.
I’ve just ﬁnished my degree at OCAD University, with
I believe in innovation ﬁrst
As a designer, I’m much more interested
in creating things for the ﬁrst time rather than
creating “just another of...”
a major in Graphic Design. However during my time
there I’ve started my own company, dabbled into
creating products like backpacks, online
e-commerce stores and found that I have a
unsatiable thirst for creating great products and
My thesis project, Welcome Home App is an
example of that. We are currently trying to
develop the ﬁrst web/mobile app in the city of
Toronto that will allow homeless individuals to
ﬁnd help and important information on their
During this project, I dove into UI/UX research,
especially into the most innovative web and
mobile applications and used design thinking
methods to conduct user research, facilitate
co-creation sessions, do user testing and create
interactive prototypes. I’ve also had to pitch to
various stakeholders during different stages to
back my design decisions.
I believe in empowering artists/designers
I co-founded the school’s ﬁrst student
entrepreneurship club to help students sell
their products, provide mentorship and
create programs to engage and empower
students to learn from Entrepreneurs.
I’ve co-curated an innovative art show
#52cardsartshow where we only took
submissions from instagram and sold them
as prints to the public online.
I’ve always been passionate about
empowering creatives and that’s why I
believe I would be a great ﬁt at Format.
I’d love an opportunity for an interview
so I can share more about my product
design experiences and learn about more
Format as a company. You can reach me at
my phone number or email above.
Sincerely, CG Chen
647 781 8816
BDes, Graphic Design
at OCAD U
Community & Events
UNITY Shop Director
Back @ School
Web Design Intern
I’m a Dreamer Inc.
Jr. Graphic Designer Founder
Elmer’s Canada, Jr. Graphic Designer, 2012
- Created concepts for in store & online campaigns (ads, catalogues, sell-sheets, price- lists, x-stands, posters, media releases, in-store signage).
- Created concepts and ﬁnal designs for new packaging meeting Canadian bilingual compliance, and shipping/distribution guidelines. Developed
product for overseas production using BOMs.
- Worked with Creative Director, Product Manager and Marketing team to ensure all items in store are prepared for in-store sales and features.
- Website/catalogue product photography, photo editing and re-touching.
UNITY Charity, UNITY Shop Director, 2013
- Created and re-branded UNITY Shop’s identity, conducted user interviews, community research and spoke to various stakeholders.
- Designed and launched UNITY’s ﬁrst e-commerce shop on Shopify (www.unishop.ca)
- Strategized various marketing channels including testing new products via social media, launching pop-up shop at Tangerine, leading sales
strategy during UNITY’s annual festival
- Designed graphics on caps, beanies, crewnecks, hoodies, t-shirts, tank-tops and club jackets
- Creative directed, shot & edited all marketing material including online shop, photo-shoots, ﬂyers, banners & e-blasts.
- Conceived merchandising strategy for online and ofﬂine sales, contests, social media, and marketing strategies
- Created cost sheets, budgets, buying plans, inventory systems, ﬁled invoices, PO’s for suppliers.
Luxebox, Lead Designer, 2014
- Designed newsletters and online graphic ads for Luxebox, including brands like Estee Lauder, Givenchy, L'oreal, and Beneﬁt Cosmetics
- Helped cut printing costs by 10% per quarter
- Contributed to customer service engagement strategies
- Designed packaging, product cards for Luxeboxes, including the 2015 Luxebox Limited Edition Bene-Boutique
- Design online Facebook ads, ads to Twitter and other social media platforms
Imagination Catalyst, Community & Events Coordinator, 2015
- Worked with the Executive Director, Program Manager and OCAD U’s Marketing & Communications staff and implemented a social
media strategy that aligns with IC’s strategic goals, and led growth on Twitter by 600% within 4 months
- Created a Mailchimp mailing a list and opt-in option on website, and grew mailing list from 0 to 1000 under two months, and continued
its growth at 25% month after month
- Stimulated online conversation through twitter, both daily and as part of campaigns, for speciﬁc IC events or initiatives, through smart,
strategic and timely communications with OCAD U community and participants in Toronto’s entrepreneurial ecosystem