head of custom research and1882 .pdf
Original filename: head of custom research and1882.pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by / iTextSharp™ 5.4.1 ©2000-2012 1T3XT BVBA (AGPL-version), and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 24/05/2016 at 07:01, from IP address 210.213.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 256 times.
File size: 7 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
head of custom research and
Head of Custom Research & Consulting
New York City or London
Our client helps the world's media, information, and technology providers grow revenue, deliver
superior solutions, optimize their clients' performance, and thrive in a fast-changing global digital
market. Our client advances the business of information as a company "that works" — for each
other, their clients, their stakeholders, and their community.
Our client needs an entrepreneur looking to take a young consulting practice and scale it. The
selected candidate will lead all aspects of the firm's Custom Research and Consulting practice.
They'll grow the practice, drive business, develop proposals, and with your team deliver
engagements to senior-level executives in, or interested in, information, media, and software.
This opportunity requires a natural leader and a team player who can influence and collaborate
with colleagues at all levels. This leader must be effective working with a global team and identify
solutions that meet clients' unique needs. This is a unique role that requires both strategic thinking
and tactical execution serving as a hands-on, entrepreneurial leader.
This leader must understand the nature of high-touch, client-centric business and be willing to
apply their experience in a way that meets rigorous standards for excellence and delivering wow
while representing other facets of the firm's portfolio in the marketplace.
• Serve as the Rainmaker for the firm's consulting business — set, achieve, and exceed sales
targets for the consulting practice. Manage and deliver profitable custom research and consulting
department P&L performance to the company by proactively driving business development
activities, architecting solutions, and cross-selling across all P&Ls where solutions bridge
naturally. Grow the business and act as overall product champion for the custom research and
consulting practice and deliver projects that meet or exceed profit margins.
• Be a leader of the custom research and consulting team and be a collaborative and accountable
team member, excellent can-do leader, and active visible member of the team and company
leadership. Oversee and lead the development of an affiliate network.
• Conduct project management, research design, and execution. You'll lead, direct, and execute
on all aspects of custom projects from start to finish. This includes scoping and architecting
proposals, designing research plans, managing project teams, collecting data in coordination with
our data team, and fully analyzing and synthesizing both qualitative and quantitative findings.
Leverage existing and develop new replicable methodologies that Outsell executes against. Be
conversant in all major segments of the industry Outsell services and serve as an individual
contributor where appropriate on particular projects you design and deliver. Oversee the delivery
of actionable decision support to our clients that meets or exceed expectations and provides
exceptional quality and service of senior decision-makers.
• Be a thought leader and lead consultant for the delivery of key strategic projects and client
relationships. Facilitate on-site meetings with clients for delivery when necessary and travel as
needed to ensure ongoing development and delivery of the business.
• Network with industry leaders, be active at industry conferences, and represent our client's
market expertise at leading industry events — maintaining visibility in the market. Travel required,
including regular travel to the New York greater area.
• Liaise with domain experts on our Lead Analyst team to leverage deep analytic expertise as
needed and share relevant insights. Work alongside field sales to drive business and be proactive
in new business lead generation and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities.
What It Takes
The selected candidate will have:
• 10 to 15+ years of experience in the media, information, and technology industry with executivelevel line experience overseeing the development and delivery of business strategy and
• Demonstrated experience driving and scaling a custom consulting practice for the information
and media space required.
• MBA or equivalent degree required.
• Candidate must have strong information industry, software, technology experience, marketing,
and technical knowledge and have the ability to analyze, identify, and forecast market trends,
opportunity, and positioning. Must have excellent in-depth understanding and knowledge of the
sectors players, issues, and trends. An existing and growing network of industry relationships is a
• Demonstrated critical thinking, proactive problem solving, and analytical skills are required, as is
competency in challenging assumptions and developing opinions that are concise and complete
in well-founded logic. Demonstrated track record in analyzing problems and developing models,
methodologies, frameworks, and solutions at a senior level, both thinking creatively and delivering
at a practical level.
• Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team. Requires full
understanding of functions and tasks and ability to prioritize and adjust priorities as circumstances
dictate. Must have project management skills, which also requires the ability to analyze and
anticipate interdependence of others and their work in a project as a whole, and to plan and
adjust project plans and deployment of resources accordingly. Must be able to work with a variety
of personalities and styles and adapt accordingly.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with others and articulate issues and challenges, as well as
offer solutions. Must be self-motivated and able to motivate others in a positive, constructive
manner. Must be able to accept constructive criticism and apply that criticism to the job, and be
willing to accept direction and instruction from others with professionalism and respect.
• Complete assignments with attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy and on time.
• Work with a "get the job done" mindset and understand there might be changes in workload
driven by project deadlines that must be met and must be responsive and execute well in a fastpaced, agile environment.
What the company is about:
Our client we believes that information and knowledge are fuel for the human spirit. They foster
understanding, discovery, enjoyment, learning, and commerce around the globe. Our client
believes in a world where people always have access to the information they need, advancing
their lives so they can advance the lives of others.
Our client offers flexible work hours to help their employees maintain a schedule that works for