NVG589FixerWriteup READMEE!!! .pdf
Original filename: NVG589FixerWriteup-READMEE!!!.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m53, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 11/06/2016 at 06:27, from IP address 68.204.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 199 times.
File size: 95 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Disables annoying redirect hijacking
Persistent telnet root shell on port 9999
TRUE Bridge Mode on eth port1 bypasses 2560 session limit and allows you to use your
own router that can truly handle gigabit speeds
Disables AT&T’s ability to update modem
1. THIS ONLY WORKS IF YOU DOWNGRADE TO INCLUDED FIRMWARE
2. Make sure that you are plugged in to your router with an ethernet cable NOT in the slot
nearest the cable jack.
3. If you want all options, just right click on the windows.bat file, edit and find “ipaddr” no
quotes and replace it with your RG’s IP address.
4. If you want all options, just right click on the windows.bat file, edit and find “accesscode”
no quotes and replace it with your RG’s access code.
5. NOTE: If you have a percent sign in your access code, you need to type two percent
signs when you are replacing “accesscode” inside the bat file. (Possibly windows only)
a. Ex: “73<12#12%7” >>> ”73<12#12%%7”
6. If you
want to disable redirect screen and enable telnet backdoor, click prim.bat
and follow the instructions above, but for this different batch file. This is not
recommended because it is only temporary (goes away after reboot and AT&T could
update your firmware at any time).
7. Double click “windows.bat” or “prim.bat” depending on what you want.
8. If you bridged the RG(windows.bat), disable WiFi in the settings and use the ethernet
port closest to the cable jack on your RG to plug into your router. This port is now set to
only provide internet, no routing The RG will be inaccessible from this port.
9. If you need to reset anything, use “nsh defaults.bat”, follow steps one and two. Then,
using an ethernet cable NOT in the slot nearest the cable jack, double click the file and
login to your RG and reset to default settings(after file runs) , login once more and
update to firmware provided. This will fully reset RG to factory settings.
10. If the program freezes at any step (except the last one(rebooting RG)) you’ll need to
login to use step 9 to make it work again.
Mac and Linux are also supported but require more work. You will have to manually run each jar
Usage: java jar NVGSx.jar "ip addr" "router access code"
NVGS1.jar Disables redirect hijacking at adds root shell.
NVGS2.jar Makes root shell persistent
NVGS3.jar Bridges RG and disables AT&T’s ability to update it
NVGR.jar Reboots RG
NVGD.jar Sets nsh shell defaults Only works after windows.bat has been run at least once.