What to do when Start menu and Cortana Do not Work .pdf
Original filename: What to do when Start menu and Cortana Do not Work.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 22/07/2016 at 09:05, from IP address 111.93.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 247 times.
File size: 332 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
What to do when Start menu and Cortana Do not Work
in Windows 10?
Windows 10 is the latest operating system and, after its advent, many Windows users are using
this innovative operating system. With the use of this operating system, users complained that
Windows 10 Start menu and Cortana not working. This makes the users completely unable to
access their systems. In this situation, users should immediately look for a technical support for
Windows 10 to find immediate solutions. You can also go through this article post to have the
right answers for this critical Windows 10 issue.
To resolve this issue, first of all you need to boot your system in the safe mode. To boot the
system in safe mode, you need to go through the methods as shown below:
While holding Windows key press the R key to open run prompt.
Now type MSCNFIG on the run and then click on OK.
Now, you will get system configuration utility.
Now, click on the Boot tab and, then check for the safe Boot Checkbox.
After rebooting of your system you need to sign in and, then you again need to boot in
the safe mode.
6. Again open the MSCNFIG and make uncheck on the option of Safe Boot.
7. Now, restart your system again.
8. Now, your Start menu and Cortana should work normally.
You can also go through Microsoft support pages for Windows 10 Cortana support and can
have the following steps. If the procedure shown above does not resolve your issue, then you
can also go through another method.
See also: Want to Make Cortana Yours? Know the Tips to Customize It
1. Hold the Shift key while you keep pressing on Power button and, then select restart.
2. Now, you will get Windows Recovery Environment where you need to select
Troubleshoot, and then Advance options.
3. Now, go to the Startup settings and, then Restart.
4. When your system restarts, you will find a number of options.
5. Now, press F5 for safe mode with networking.
6. Once you have completed your sign in process in safe mode, then you need to restart
your system to have normal boot.
7. You also need to active Windows Defender with the help of Windows 10 defender
Now, with these methods you can easily use your system with no error. However, even going
through these methods, if you still receiving trouble with Windows 10 you are using, then you
need to have Windows 10 technical support to have fast and accurate solutions. You can also
read about Common Microsoft Windows 10 Issues & How to Fix Them at