GPNP Democracy Fellow Job Description PGH .pdf
Original filename: GPNP Democracy Fellow Job Description_PGH.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m54, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 06/09/2016 at 16:42, from IP address 50.254.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 373 times.
File size: 137 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
GPNP Democracy Fellow Job Description_PGH.pdf (PDF, 137 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Democracy Fellow and Canvasser Job Description
The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership, in partnership with Nonprofit VOTE, is hiring
an enthusiastic part-time Democracy Fellow to help support nonpartisan voter outreach and tabling
efforts on-site at nonprofit organizations in the Greater Pittsburgh Area. Democracy Fellows will
be responsible for working within diverse communities to collect voter registrations and voter
pledges, as part of a 2016 program leading up to the November elections. This position is an hourly,
part-time (20 hours/week), temporary contract position starting at $15/hour and will run from
(September 2nd to October 11th). The Democracy Fellow will report to the GPNP Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Collect voter registrations and pledge to vote cards in the waiting room or at events of local
● Actively engaging diverse communities, and remaining positive, assertive, and confident.
● Ensuring that voter registrations and pledge cards are accurately recorded and documented.
● Responding to supervision and feedback during the course of the project when necessary, in
order to ensure that activities are running smoothly.
● Remain nonpartisan in voter engagement and outreach.
● Work side by side with volunteers as needed.
Desired Experience and Skills
● Must have access to reliable transportation.
● Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
● Strong commitment to civic engagement and empowerment of underrepresented
● Strong collaboration skills, and a desire to work as part of a team and respond to the needs of
● Experience or training in voter registration preferred, but not required.
● Experience working with diverse communities, in particular, communities of color and
● Ability to work independently with broad guidance, and a self-starter.
● Good communication skills.
● Ability to stay on task and problem solve.
● Enjoys meeting and interacting with new people.
● Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs.
Send resume with an email expressing why you are interested in the position to:
David Streeter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Greater Pittsburgh Nonprofit Partnership is a growing coalition of over 400 nonprofit organizations from a
tencounty region in southwestern Pennsylvania. GPNP offers an array of services that provide our members with
opportunities to deliver a unified voice on emerging public policies that positions the sector to be a collaborative
driver of social change. We provide public policy analysis, education, advocacy, and a portfolio of discounts on
products and services that meet the current needs of individual members and the nonprofit sector as a whole. Check
out our website at http://www.gpnppgh.org for more information. GPNP is a program of the Forbes Funds.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog