Waterloo House Girls Statement .pdf
Original filename: Waterloo House Girls Statement.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m55, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 21/11/2016 at 04:50, from IP address 41.164.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 358 times.
File size: 66 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Waterloo House Girls Statement.pdf (PDF, 66 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
#Hearus #Broken #Thehelpless #Wynberggirls
We the learners at Waterloo House, would like someone out there to hear us, we have been
violated, broken repeatedly and we now feel helpless.
1. We demand the immediate removal of the hostel Superintendent, Ms Stephanie Faris!
2. We demand the immediate release of the Transformation Report, immediately!
3. We demand Ms Harding is investigated for lack of action regarding Ms Faris
4. We demand assurances that we will not be victimised as a result of this statement.
Ms Faris doesn’t know how to raise children, she has destroyed our self-esteem, and no one
seems to take our concerns seriously. Now we are coming to you the outside world. We are writing
exams, which we will not jeopardise, we are therefore issuing this statement together with personal
accounts of the daily violations we are experiencing at her hands.
There are many soul-destroying incidents we have been exposed to:
- Ms Faris usually tells us inappropriate stories: She claims she has had more than 5
abortions, she claims that she used to be a drug addict, she claims she worships the devil,
she claims she worked for Gaddafi - W
e want to be left to be children, we are not
trained counsellors, these stories are traumatising!
- She called us “Bloody Kaffirs” and has used Kaffir when discussing us. She claims that we
use it on each other and therefore we should not be offended, we do not use this word AT
ALL! - We demand a public apology and criminal investigation of Ms Faris, the era of
Apartheid rule is over and we are Born-Free!
- She said we (black learners) will make hostel unhygienic,because there are so many of us
(black learners) staying in, we wanted to stay in during the weekend to study for exams We are not dirty!
- She lies about girls to other staff members, she creates stories that are untrue, in order to
further her own agenda to paint certain girls negatively and then try to get rid of them. She
told staff members that ALL learners from Masiphumelele have STIs, this is not true. - We
demand that these vicious lies stop!
- She discusses our home/private matters with other staff and learners; we speak to her in
confidence only to hear our personal issues discussed as gossip in the duty room or
kitchen, sometimes she even announces our issues at supper to the whole hostel.- W
- Ms Faris constantly tells us she will take our scholarships away based on our behaviour in
hostel - We cannot perform academically because we are demoralized!
- We are racially discriminated when it comes disciplinary issues, - We demand a clear
hostel code of conduct, applied fairly, we are all children, love us equally!
- Ms Faris told white learners that they are in danger from black learners. We have never
wanted to harm white learners and do not have any plans to harm them. - We demand that
Ms Faris to stop her divisive tactics.
- She kisses and touches us inappropriately, even when we ask her to stop - W
e want our
NO to mean NO!
- Ms Faris vetoes our parents permissions. She implies that black parents do not have good
parenting skills. She doesn’t have children of her own, but she feels she knows better. - W
want our parents to be respected, they have brought us this far they know what is
good for us.
- Ms Faris thinks we are ‘sex-crazed’; she slut shames us, she offers condoms to learners
without them asking for them.She suggested that a learner wanted to go to the astro to
engage in public sex. - We deserve to be respected! We are not animals
Ms Faris holds conversations with other staff members, , during prayer at meal times. She
doesn’t respect our religions. - W
e demand that our religion respected, this is our
Ms Faris steals our money and medication, when she feels like. - W
e demand our money
back and our medication replaced.
We have regular cake sales, but no one knows where the money goes, these cake sales
are compulsory and we are forced to bring something - We demand a transparent
account of where this money we fundraise goes to.
She has vendetta’s against certain learners, She messes our rooms to teach us a lesson,
She shouts at us without provocation, She calls us stupid, She publicly shames us but only
apologises privately - We have been stripped of our dignity.
Ms Faris is unprofessional, she treats black staff and parents like children in front of the
girls, she doesn’t allow us to bond with them, she spies on us while we are with them on the
security cameras, she makes us fill in request forms to go to school events with them - Ms
Faris is racist!
Ms Faris is a dictator, she hands down punishments without disciplinary hearings - W
want access to free and fair procedures in the hostel.
There has been no fire evacuation drill for the whole hostel this whole year, even though
there has been two fires at Wynberg Boys High - We demand that our safety is a priority,
we want regular termly drills so that we can know that in the event of an emergency
we will be safe.
Ms Faris does not let the termlies go home to their parents without parents permission
which is unfair to them because they are treated differently to weeklies that regularly go
home. We are being held hostage.
We are living in constant fear of what Ms Faris will do next, she has penetrated our
thoughts, some of us dream about her, We dream that she is killing us… and even though
we wake up, we realise she is indeed killing us; our dreams, our minds and our souls.
We would like to be addressed publicly outside Waterloo House on Friday, 25th November
at 1:30pm with regards to this statement.
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog