Text Color Retention .pdf
Original filename: Text Color Retention.pdf
Title: Education.com - pdf
This PDF 1.4 document has been generated by / wkhtmltopdf, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 03/12/2016 at 22:41, from IP address 73.231.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 227 times.
File size: 40 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Text Color Retention.pdf (PDF, 40 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
Do Screen and Text Color Affect Retention?
Grade Level: 4 th to 8th; T ype: Social Science
This experiment explores whether computer screen and text color affect retention
and if people subconsciously prefer combinations of colors that help retention.
Research Quest ions:
Did certain combinations of screen and text colors lead to consistently more
words being remembered?
Is there any correlation between a subject’s preferred colors and his
Paper and pencil for tracking results
At least 20 test subjects
Experiment al Procedure:
1. Develop several simple retention tests: lists of words that the test subject will study and then recall. The
lists should all be different but equally difficult.
2. Type the lists of words so that each list appears on a different colored screen and with different colored
text. Include a range of light and dark, vibrant and subdued colors.
3. Allow the test subject to study a list of words for 30 seconds.
4 . Take the computer away and ask the subject to name as many of the words as he can remember.
5. Repeat the memory test using all combinations of screen and text colors.
6. Record the number of words recalled for each color combination.
7. Ask the subject if there was any screen/text color combination(s) that he preferred.
8. Analyz e the results. Did certain combinations of screen and text colors lead to a consistently higher number
of words being retained? Is there any correlation between preferred colors and retention?
T erms/Concept s: screen color, text color, retention, preference
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog