Importance of Co Curricular Activities in Academics .pdf
Original filename: Importance of Co-Curricular Activities in Academics.pdf
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by http://www.convertapi.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 12/01/2017 at 13:13, from IP address 171.79.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 330 times.
File size: 338 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Importance of Co-Curricular Activities in Academics
Mail Me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Like Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/educationalibaba/
Follow Us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/drosettawilliam
Visit Our Blog: http://www.rosettawilliams.in/blog/
Being brilliant just in academics does not help a student become a responsible citizen. A student must
be equally talented in other fields as well and even if not, he/she must at least pay some interest in
them. Being both academically and co-curricularly talented help a student face the world. It basically
helps them develop their personality.
Co-curricular activities are undertaken side-by-side with the curricular activities. These activities
significantly take place outside a general experience of pen and pencil classroom. It offers the students
an opportunity of growing their skills and show their non-academic capacities as well. These activities
might be compulsory, such as drama, art or music classes that take place during the day. Usually, others
are voluntary like participating in school sports team, student newsletters or school debating team. In
every case, participation always helps students.
Co-curricular activities are important because even they aren’t a part of the basic curriculum; they play
an important role in offering the young kids the capacity of moulding their lives for becoming wellrounded people. The school activities should be purposefully designed for giving an apt combination of
students’ participation in academics and also making an opportunity for all-round growth.
The importance of co-curricular activities in students’ life can’t be simply put into words. However, let
us discuss some of the prime advantages:
1. Co-curricular activities are made for meeting the students’ requirements and covering a wide range of
their talents and abilities.
2. These activities grow interests in the students and offer a similar opportunity to every student for
3. These activities improve students’ learning experience and help them identify and develop their inner
talents like creative skills, leadership qualities etc.
4. Co-curricular activities offer the students an opportunity of thinking unusually and getting the
innovative ideas of their own with the help of a facilitator.
5. These activities help the students develop an enriched learning experience by offering them an
opportunity of thinking in new ways of solving an issue or answering a question.
6. Students should take out time for doing more than only studying and co-curricular activities offer
them an opportunity of relaxing, refreshing and mingling simply with others.
7. These activities make the students ready practically for their future.
8. The basic curriculum educates and teaches the kid regarding academic theories while co-curricular
activities help the kid apply what he/she has learnt for practising in his/her practical life.
9. These activities help develop the child’s grasping power and offer a chance to the students for
working in teams and thereby develop team spirit in him/her.
10. Most of the co-curricular activities are physically active and get the students out their desks for
trying out new things practically.
What’s more, these activities are important as they develop the students intellectually. The type of
exposure these activities offer is not probable for being achieved through theoretic ways. They are
highly helpful in developing the student’s talent. It’s important that parents also take part in these
activities and encourage the kids for performing better. Being a parent, if you find your child lacking in
any matter, you must take the advice of a school consultant as early as possible.