HackUNL Workshop 1 PP (Final) .pdf
Original filename: HackUNL Workshop 1 PP (Final).pdf
Title: PowerPoint Presentation
Author: Raul Palacios
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by MicrosoftÂ® PowerPointÂ® 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 27/02/2017 at 08:12, from IP address 76.84.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 756 times.
File size: 1.5 MB (25 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
HackUNL Workshop 1 PP (Final).pdf (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
#HackUNL Workshop #1
#HackUNL Information – Raul
Cyberbullying Talk – Zach
Tech Talk – S.C.
Raul A. Palacios II
B.A. Creative Writing (UTEP)
Educational Specialty (Ed.S.) in School Psychology
UNL School Psychology doctoral student (2nd year)
President of Diversity and Ethnic Minority Affairs
Committee in Ed. Psych. Department
Hack Harassment Campus Ambassador – UNL
Born This Way Foundation graduate research assistant
Student researcher for Dr. Susan Swearer’s
Empowerment Initiative Lab
#HackUNL Leadership Team
Sonya Bhatia (SASP Liaison)
*Special Note: Every single one of them LOVE high
fives and fist bumps. Hook them up with one or
both (or maybe make up a new handshake!?!)
when you see them.
We all have a story… We want you to share yours!
Find someone who you don’t know in the room. Don’t be shy! :o)
• Your name
• Your Department + Year in program
• Your affiliated student organizations (if any)
• What is the kindest thing you have done for someone this week? (in
honor of Random Acts of Kindness week)
Did you know that 70% of young adults have
been the target of online harassment?*
Do you have any experiences with online
*Online Harassment, Digital Abuse, and Cyberstalking in America Report 11.2016
What is a hackathon?
A hackathon is any event of any duration where people come together to
What is #HackUNL?
• #HackUNL is a 24-hour hackathon event (competition) where UNL
graduate and undergraduate students come together to find a solution to
end online harassment and cyberbullying.
• #HackUNL will be a 3-day event hosted over Easter Weekend. (April 14th –
Who can participate in #HackUNL?
• Anyone 18 years or older! We want people who share our passion for
inclusion and making the internet a safer place to participate!
#HackUNL Event Notes
• Space is limited: Room for 80 participants
• Participants will be placed into teams of 4 people
• Schedule is tentative, but current outline is:
• (4/14) Friday evening (Opening Ceremony + Mixer)
• (4/15 – 4/16) Saturday 8 AM – Sunday 8 AM (Hackathon)
• (4/16) Sunday 12 PM – 2 PM (Presentations and Judging)
• Cool prizes will be given to winning team picked by panel of judges.
Winning team will be featured on #HackHarassment’s website.
The purpose of #HackUNL workshops are to:
• Bring unique perspectives together so they can problem solve in a
• Educate potential participates on research literature, current apps on the
market, and building web applications;
• Build professional networks;
• Think Tank environment so we have well thought out ideas for #HackUNL
• Serve as a venue where you can interact with knowledgeable people on
problems. The #HackUNL Leadership Team are here to help you!
Future Workshop Dates
#2 – March 10th, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, TEAC 247
#3 – April 7th, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM, TEAC 247
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog