2017 2018 Exec Board App .pdf
Original filename: 2017-2018 Exec Board App.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - 2017-2018 Exec App
This PDF 1.6 document has been generated by PScript5.dll Version 5.2.2 / Acrobat Distiller 11.0 (Windows), and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 07/03/2017 at 22:50, from IP address 70.114.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 227 times.
File size: 123 KB (4 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Executive Board Application 2017-2018
Minor (if applicable):
Position(s) Applying For:
The application is due Thursday night: March 30th, 2017 at 11:59 P.M.
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attach a resume with your
application and the executive position material as a PDF.
● Executive Board Interviews will be conducted Sunday, April 2nd.
● The newly elected Executive Board will present at ALPFA’s 14th general meeting of the
semester, Wednesday, April 18, 2017.
Please type all answers.
Briefly answer the following questions to the best of your ability.
1. What past leadership experience (qualifications) have you had? How does this experience
qualify you for the ALPFA Director position to which you are applying?
2. What are your goals with this respective Director(s) position? Please answer in bullet
3. What distinguishes ALPFA from other student organizations on campus? What attracted
you to ALPFA? Please answer in 3-4 sentences.
4. In your own words, please describe ALPFA’s purpose in 1-2 sentences.
5. What is your ALPFA story? Please answer in 3-4 sentences.
6. Serving on the Executive Board is a high priority time commitment. How would you prioritize
ALPFA in your schedule? Please also list your anticipated course load for the 2017-2018
academic year, including expected extracurricular activities and work commitments.
Please prepare the following for the position(s) you are applying for.
1. Reply to the following email:
My name is John from XY Company. We spoke at the Convention and was wondering if you
were still interested in XY. We are interested in ALPFA, but would like to know more about
ALPFA and how we could benefit from the relationship. Let me know.
2. Create 3 slides explaining what ALPFA is, who you are, and why you joined – think of our
GM slides as an example. Be ready to present these in the meeting as if you were at the meeting
– stand up and give the pitch we do every other Tuesday!
Executive Vice President
1. Prepare an email you will write to a potential new sponsor you just met at a career fair. In the
email, you must mention ALPFA’s Sponsorship package which you will be hypothetically
2. You’re reaching out to a new company to sponsor UT ALPFA, what would be your biggest
selling points, and why? Answer in bullet points please.
Vice President of Professional Development
1. Find potential jobs/leadership summits for the following candidates:
John Smith: sophomore, accounting major, interested in public accounting with high GPA
Jane Doe: Junior, economics and - open to any career with a high GPA
2. Imagine you are planning Spring into Action, what steps and timeline would you need to
consider while planning this event? List below.
Vice President of Finance
1. You have $500 for the GM next week. Include three options for food, listing pros and cons.
2. The bake sale is next week. Walk me through the steps and thought process to prepare for it.
Vice President of External Affairs
1. What organizations do you plan to co-host events with next year and why?
2. Compose an email that you would send to an alumnus for a Fall alumni event.
Vice President of Membership
1. Explain any ideas you have for your membership presentation that you would use to present
during General Meetings. (ex. ALPFAwow, singing a rap song about ALPFA, etc…)
2. Please provide any “mini” social ideas you may want to execute throughout the year.
3. Create an itinerary for this social.
Vice President of Marketing
1. What is your experience with photoshop or any similar software program?
2. How will you innovate the marketing position, whether that be publicity, strengthening
ALPFA’s brand, etc. Answer in bullet points please.
3. Create a poster design that would be used to announce ALPFA events around UT. The
program to make the design is left to your discretion (EX. Valentines Bakesale, Spring into
Action, LinkedIn Workshop, etc.)
Vice President of Media Relations
1. Write a social media post for an ALPFA event, what would you write as the description for the
event to attract the most members?
2. Describe how you would use this position to expand ALPFA’s online presence and
Vice President of Service Outreach
1. Provide a list of community service events you are interested in having ALPFA participate in.
2. Create an itinerary for a community service event.
Vice President of Community Management
1. Choose an event, create an itinerary from idea to post-event.
2. Explain what the Rising Leaders Program means to you and how you would go about
enhancing the program holistically.
3. What type of events would you like to see in the RLP series?