DEVRY ECET 340 Week 5 HomeWork 5 .pdf
Original filename: DEVRY ECET 340 Week 5 HomeWork 5.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 10/03/2017 at 06:57, from IP address 43.224.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 66 times.
File size: 282 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
ECET 340 Week 5 HomeWork 5
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
1. Explain, briefly, why an analog restoring filter is sometimes used at the output of a DAC.
2. Given Iref = 2 mA for a DAC1408 IC, find Iout for the input 1110 1110
3. Find the number of discrete voltages output by a 12-bit DAC. Show work.
4. Use the internet to locate the data sheet for an MC1408 DAC. From it find, for the
MC1408-7 version, the following:
a. The settling time
b. Accuracy at full scale output current (1.99 mA), 25ºC
c. Output current range when -7V <vee="">< -15v="" is="" used.="">
5. Assume that an MC1408 DAC is attached to Port T of an HC12 Microprocessor as
shown below. Verify that the program below outputs 8 different values to the DAC and
determine the output voltage (Vout) after each output operation. Show your work in the
6. How does the SCI system achieve synchronization between the transmitter and receiver?
7. The SCI1 serial port is initialized for 8 data bits, 1 stop bit and 2400 baud. How much
time is required to data transfer 3000 characters?
8. Why is the maximum data rate of the SPI system faster than the SCI system?
9. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the SCI versus SPI data transfers.
10. Provide the C language code to set the SPI to the lowest frequency.
For more classes visit