HCA 340 Week 5 Final Project .pdf
Original filename: HCA 340 Week 5 Final Project.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 15/03/2017 at 11:35, from IP address 43.224.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 143 times.
File size: 174 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
HCA 340 Week 5 Final Project
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
Focus of the Final Project
Managing Health Care Organizations
The Final Project should demonstrate understanding of the reading
assignments, class discussions, your own research and the application of new
knowledge. It should utilize previous skills developed in foundational health
care courses and apply them within the context and viewpoint of health care
administrator and his/her role managing health and human services.
For the Final Project, the student will select one of the following topics and
conduct scholarly and professional research while integrating course learning
outcomes to address a selected topic:
1. Research specific leadership and management traits and theories necessary
for managing a multidisciplinary and multicultural health care organization to
promote organizational effectiveness.
2. Present how strategic planning, performance improvement, and information
systems are interrelated and fundamental to the delivery of quality health care.
3. Examine the financial characteristics of health care delivery along with
managing costs, revenues, and human resources.
4. Analyze ethical and legal concepts, including specific federal regulations,
required of health care organizations to ensure the delivery of high quality
health care that protects patient safety.
Research Requirements Academic research and papers must meet certain
standards of quality that are recognized by the academic community. What
constitutes quality academic research?
1. The use of primary (original), credible sources written by experts in the field
2. Ensuring secondary sources are supported by research in primary sources.
3. Making sure all research is relevant and that material used is pertinent to the
area of study.
4. In graduate work, the use of peer-reviewed journal articles (journal articles
reviewed by recognized experts in the relevant field of study) is required.
5. Keep in mind that educational websites may be appropriate, in some cases,
but should be evaluated carefully.
The University Library offers many excellent databases and other resources to
assist you in conducting scholarly research.
What sources are not acceptable for academic research and referencing?
3. Wikipedia, other wikis, or blogs
4. Websites and other sources that do not provide quality researched materials
(do not use credible sources to support the information in the document).
All research must reflect professional academic protocol and must be
documented according to APA standards as outlined in the Writing Center.
For more classes visit