SOC 315 Week 1 Quiz .pdf
Original filename: SOC 315 Week 1 Quiz.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 17/03/2017 at 09:33, from IP address 43.224.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 245 times.
File size: 358 KB (5 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
SOC 315 Week 1 Quiz
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
1. Kenyan activist Wangari Maathai’s main work was based on connections she
saw in her country between:
poverty, deforestation, and women’s issues.
deforestation, political culture, and global warming.
poverty, voting rights, and reading levels.
women’s issues, voting rights, and institutional change.
2. English philosopher John Locke, who promoted the rights of people, is most
closely associated with:
3. Politics always includes:
the passage of a law.
a need to spend money.
individual action by all affected parties.
a controversial issue.
4. Bhutan measures its success as a society through its aggregate level of:
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the three main dimensions for
identifying culture in society?
6. Political leaders will likely play the greatest role in shaping the political
agenda in a(n) _________ country.
7. The pocketbook voter model holds that voters ____________ during tough
seek higher taxes
8. Of the following ideologies, which places the smallest emphasis on freedom
9. For sociologists, a(n) _______ is something that a person accepts as true, but
is not fully supported by facts or logical reasoning.
10. In the world of art, Pablo Picasso Cubist paintings were initially:
considered compatible with Impressionism.
part of an artistic counterculture.
seen as an expression of Spanish political culture.
For more classes visit