STR BUS 508 Week 2 Assignment Dive .pdf
Original filename: STR BUS 508 Week 2 Assignment Dive.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 13/04/2017 at 06:31, from IP address 43.224.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 176 times.
File size: 310 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
BUS 508 Week 2 Assignment
Check this A+ tutorial guideline at
A big question in business is: To Diversify or Not to Diversify? Some
corporations (e.g., Amazon, 3M and General Electric) have diversified
broadly over the years and have had great success. Other diversification
attempts (e.g., Time Warner’s purchase of AOL) have taken companies
away from their core businesses and their experiences are less
Research two corporations that have had different outcomes (one
successful and one unsuccessful) with their diversification strategies.
Compare and contrast each corporation’s diversification strategy and
evaluate the reasons for each one’s success or failure in the venture.
Write a 4-6 page paper in which you:
1. Compare and contrast the two businesses—core business, their size,
financials, global presence, use of e-business (marketing, sales, etc.).
2. Compare and contrast their outcomes (one successful, one
3. Analyze the three primary reasons for the different outcomes.
4. Recommend two actions the unsuccessful one could have made to
make their diversification venture successful.
5. Use a minimum of three (3) quality external resources from the last
five (5) years to support the content of the paper. (Note: Do not use Wiki
Your assignment must:
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
• Examine the private enterprise systems, drivers of change on the
system, ethical and social responsibilities of business, and the
requirements for success in today’s business environment.
• Analyze business plans based on an analysis of domestic and global
operating environments, market dynamics, and electronic and internal
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in
• Write clearly and concisely about contemporary business using
proper writing mechanics
For more classes visit