Adrenal gland .pdf
Original filename: Adrenal gland.pdf
Title: Slide 1
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 20/05/2017 at 18:01, from IP address 45.127.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 161 times.
File size: 1.4 MB (51 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
The Adrenals Glands
Prof. AKM Musa
• Cushing’s syndrome is caused by excessive activation
of glucocorticoid receptors.
• It is most commonly iatrogenic,
due to prolonged administration of synthetic
glucocorticoids such as prednisolone
(even inhaled or topical ).
• Both Cushing’s disease and cortisol-secreting adrenal
tumours are 4 times more common in women than
• In Cushing’s disease, the pituitary tumour is usually a
• A careful drug history taking is a must.