Seronegative Arthropathy .pdf
Original filename: Seronegative Arthropathy.pdf
Title: Slide 1
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 20/05/2017 at 17:30, from IP address 45.127.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 204 times.
File size: 1.1 MB (68 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Dr. Jamal Uddin Ahmed
Assistant Professor, Internal Medicine
BIRDEM & IMC
30 yrs male
Low back pain
CRP – 48
Xray SI joint – B/L sacroilitis
What are these?
• A group of related inflammatory joint diseases
• Considerable overlap in their clinical features
• Shared immunogenetic association with the
Reactive arthritis, including Reiter’s syndrome
Arthropathy associated with inflammatory
• Aberrant response to infection
• In genetically predisposed individuals.
In some situations, a triggering organism can
be identified, as in reactive arthritis following
bacterial dysentery or chlamydial urethritis,
Clinical features common to seronegative
• Asymmetrical inflammatory oligoarthritis (lower > upper
• Sacroiliitis and inflammatory spondylitis
• Inflammatory enthesitis
• Tendency for familial aggregation
• RF and ACPA negative
• Absence of nodules and other extra-articular features of
• Typical overlapping extra-articular features:
Typical overlapping extra-articular features:
Mucosal inflammation: conjunctivitis, buccal
Urethritis, prostatitis, bowel ulceration
Pustular skin lesions and nail dystrophy
Aortic root fibrosis (aortic incompetence, conduction
• The prototype of the spondyloarthropathies.
• Marie-Strumpell disease or Bechterew's