How to get Android notifications on your Windows PC .pdf
Original filename: How to get Android notifications on your Windows PC.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by Microsoft® Office Word 2007, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 15/06/2017 at 09:28, from IP address 39.50.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 113 times.
File size: 573 KB (5 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
How to get Android notifications on your Windows PC
Thanks to the recent Windows 10 Anniversary Update, you can now get Android notifications
on your Windows 10 PC.
This feature works through Cortana and the Cortana app for Android (there’s a Cortana app for
iOS, but iOS doesn’t support this kind of fancy notification-mirroring). Once set up, your
Windows 10 action center will be able to tell you when you miss a call, receive a text or have a
low battery on your Android phone. You will also be able to receive app notifications from any
app you have installed, and you can even control your phone via your computer with voice
commands — for example, you can say “Hey, Cortana, find my phone,” and Cortana will locate
your phone on a map.
1. Download and install the Cortana app from Google Play on your Android device. Cortana is
officially only available to US users; non-US users can download the app from APKMirror.
2. Open the app and sign in with your Windows account.
3. Tap the menu icon (three lines) in the upper left corner of the app and go to Settings > Sync
4. You will see four different types of notifications that can be synced: Missed call notifications,
incoming message notifications, low battery notifications, and app notifications.
The first three will be turned on by default, but the fourth — app notifications — needs
notification access before it can be turned on. Once you turn this option on, you will see a new
menu option that lets you choose specific apps to sync (or not sync).
5. Open Cortana on your Windows 10 device and go to Settings > Send notifications between
devices. This option must be turned on in order for Android syncing to work.