Typing201Syllabus .pdf

File information


Original filename: Typing201Syllabus.pdf

This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m61, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 13/07/2017 at 13:11, from IP address 64.20.x.x. The current document download page has been viewed 197 times.
File size: 96 KB (1 page).
Privacy: public file


Download original PDF file


Typing201Syllabus.pdf (PDF, 96 KB)


Share on social networks



Link to this file download page



Document preview


––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Typing 201: Intermediate Technique and Method
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Course Description: ​This course emphasizes a variety of techniques with a focus on speed,
accuracy, and other criteria of typing efficiency. The quality of the student’s typing will be
assessed primarily through typing exercises performed under the real-time observation of an
instructor.
Prerequisites: ​English AB or Journalism 101, Typing 101
Objectives:
● Demonstrate efficiency and accuracy in typing
● Establish fluency in several modes of text-copying
● Demonstrate an overall improvement in typing ability

Assignment Submission: ​The student will be expected to arrange an appropriate platform with
the instructor for real-time typing, (e.g. an instant messenger or a shared file on Google docs,) as
well as to schedule class time with the instructor in advance. A minimum of 14 hours a week
must be logged.
Assignments: ​The student will be expected to complete a number of tasks including copying
bodies of text and typing spoken text (from videos given by the instructor.) Exams will also be
given.
Grading: ​Each exercise will be evaluated according to a unique weighting of typing speed and
accuracy (with additional criteria included for some exercises.)
Assignments contribute to 60% of the final grade. The remaining 40% consists of tests and major
exams.
93%-100% = A

84%-93% = B

75%-84% = C

0-75% = D

If the student does not meet the 14 hour per week requirement, all non-exam scores from that
week will be reduced by a factor of ​a​/14 where ​a​ is the time logged in hours.


Document preview Typing201Syllabus.pdf - page 1/1


Related documents


typing201syllabus
ga assignment of work form 2013 14
01 28dec15 2665 5028 1 sm revised
winter 2015
cis 423 syllabus web based systems 2014 2015
syllabus bba 303 online winter 2018 1

Link to this page


Permanent link

Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..

Short link

Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)

HTML Code

Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog

QR Code

QR Code link to PDF file Typing201Syllabus.pdf