Facebook Competition – Terms and Conditions .pdf
Original filename: Facebook Competition – Terms and Conditions.pdf
Title: Microsoft Word - Document6
This PDF 1.3 document has been generated by Word / Mac OS X 10.12.3 Quartz PDFContext, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 10/08/2017 at 18:00, from IP address 86.168.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 140 times.
File size: 55 KB (3 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Facebook Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain mainland (England, Scotland and Wales), excluding
employees of the Promoter and its affiliates or agents, the immediate families of such employees and any other
person connected with this promotion.
2. Internet access and a valid Facebook account is required.
3. All entrants must ‘follow’/’like’ Botanica’s Facebook account and comment on the original post to win.
4. One entry per person regardless of the number of Facebook comments made during the Promotional Period.
Anyone trying to circumvent this rule by using alternative details including but not limited to creating multiple
Facebook accounts will be disqualified from this promotion. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade,
consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is reposting the
same content multiple times or using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of
‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award
will be void.
5. Competition to be open from 7pm 10th August until 7pm 17th August 2017.
How to enter:
6. Log into your Facebook account and ‘like’ @botanicaplantnursery if you have not already done so and then
comment on the post.
7. Prize: 1 x Luma apiculata (Myrtus apiculate)
Winner Selection and Notification
8. All valid entries will be accumulated and then selected at random. Winners will be notified through their
Facebook account within 7 working days of the closing date.
9. Should the winner not claim their prize within 28 working days of receiving notice from the Promoter that they
have won the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize to a reserve winner selected at the same
10. Winner must collect their prize from the nursery.
11. The winner’s name will be posted on Botanica’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages once they have been
12. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Facebook. The
Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Facebook.
13. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post a. contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content;
b. includes the names of any individual without their express permission; or
c. in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offense (taking into account
prevailing community views or standards).
14. The Promoter will not be liable for entries or claims not received, incomplete, illegible, delayed or damaged.
No responsibility is accepted for entries or claims lost, damaged or delayed or as a result of any network, computer
hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. The Promoter
and any affiliated companies are not responsible for any entry generated by computer hardware or software,
malfunction, error or failure.
15. There are no cash or other alternatives in whole or in part to the stated prizes, unless otherwise agreed in
writing by the Promoter, and the prizes will only be awarded directly to the winners.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability
due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity
details (which they must provide within 14 days). The Promoter will also refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize
entitlement, and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are
reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. This can also be applied if
there is a breach of any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a
participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
18. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse,
and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only
where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or
these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order
to avoid undue disappointment.
19. The winner agrees to participate in related publicity with no further recompense.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The
information you provide will only be used for fulfilment of this promotion, unless you have agreed to its use for
any other purpose. By entering the promotion all participants agree to a complete liability release for Instagram.
21. Any entrant posting or seen to be posting comments to Botanica’s social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook,
Pinterest etc.) pages or elsewhere during the draw that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other
contestants or the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the draw. The
promoter reserves the right to alert the relevant social media platform to any such behaviour and you may have
your account frozen pending investigation.
22. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the
Promoter’s negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the promotion or receipt or
misuse of any prize.
23. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection
with them) will be governed by English law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and
24. Your personal details will only be used for the purposes of administering this promotion and for no other
Promoter: Botanica, Chantry Farm, Campsea Ashe, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP13 0PZ