Original filename: CVJacobLewis2k18MV.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by MicrosoftÂ® Word 2013, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 16/08/2017 at 23:52, from IP address 76.169.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 309 times.
File size: 269 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
CVJacobLewis2k18MV.pdf (PDF, 269 KB)
Share on social networks
Link to this file download page
2175 S Mallul Drive, apt 268, Anaheim CA, 92802 • +19492460044 • Jlewis1231@gmail.com
Highly creative and motivated young professional with extensive experience in teaching and tutoring.
Looking to advance myself in this field, specifically teaching English to non-native speakers, and desire a
long term career.
California State University Long Beach, CA. Graduated May 2014
CSULB GPA: 3.581
Overall GPA: 3.389
President's Honor Roll: Fall '11, Spring '12
Riverside Community College, Riverside, CA. Graduated May 2011
Overall GPA: 3.228
Honor Roll: Spring '10
President's Honor Roll: Fall '11, Spring '11
Online platform based in China that hires native English speakers with qualified backgrounds to teach,
tutor, and improve the English skills of students in China.
February 2017 – Present
• Taught English to students in China through VIPKID’s online platform
• Utilized various lessons plans created by VIPKID to teach students
Auxiliaries of Conversation - Madrid
Program offered by the Community of Madrid which employs English speakers from native speaking
countries to work as language assistants in various schools throughout Madrid. I worked in a primary
school teaching elementary aged children.
Auxiliary of Conversation
September 2016 – June 2017
• Served as a language assistant for the English teachers.
• Prepared lesson plans according the subject matter being taught to the students at the time
which lasted the duration of class time and were taught by myself.
• Coordinated with various teachers in teaching several subjects to the classes of students we
• Primarily taught in English classes, but also worked with teachers in other subjects while
keeping an emphasis on strengthening the students’ English levels
D.E.S.I. Learning Center
Educational facility offering supplemental classes for students as well as custom designed tutoring
programs. Primary clients were elementary school aged children ranging from 5-12 years old. .
September 2014 – September 2016
• Taught and designed lesson plans for various subjects and classes.
• Worked in large class room settings, as well as smaller focus study groups
• Analyzed students weakness in certain subjects and worked directly on improving their
CSULB Tutoring Department
Long Beach, CA
Language tutoring program sponsored by Cal State University’s library department which organized
tutoring for those seeking to learn or improve a language
February 2012 – April 2015
• Tutored various students with different levels of English proficiency
• Taught using different methods ranging from conversational to grammar based exercises
• Worked with groups ranging from 1-2 students, up to 15
• Received weekly training on how to effectively teach and tutor English
Grade Potential Inc.
After school program designed to help younger students (elementary level) improve in school subjects in
which they would like further assistance. Help ranges from tutoring, to assistance with homework.
October 2011 – June 2013
• Worked with students to improve them in various school subjects in which they required
Harbor Interfaith Services
Non-Profit organization that provides several resources for the homeless and working poor. Services
range from homeless shelters and food donations, to helping find employment for those out of work and
August 2011 – June 2015
Link to this page
Use the permanent link to the download page to share your document on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or directly with a contact by e-Mail, Messenger, Whatsapp, Line..
Use the short link to share your document on Twitter or by text message (SMS)
Copy the following HTML code to share your document on a Website or Blog