Original filename: Document.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by www.convertapi.com, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 02/09/2017 at 10:59, from IP address 107.181.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 39 times.
File size: 163 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
Title: Know about mywifiext.net and firmware update
What is mywifiext.net?
Mywifiext.net is an offline address provided by Netgear Company to setup the extender
manually. Most of the latest routers and extenders are having WPS push button. The easiest
method is to configure your router and extender through this method. But when extender or
router does not have WPS button then alternative left for the setup is the manual method. So,
to do the manual setup, you should know about mywifiext.net.
Launch a web browser and type this address in the URL box. Follow the instructions to setup
the range extender coming on the screen. If you need any help in the setup then contact our
team via live chat window. If you are getting discontinuous internet connection after
installing the extender successfully then one of the main reason for this is your extender is not
having the latest firmware. To download the latest firmware for your range extender, follow
the steps we are providing below.
How to update the firmware?
1. Give power to your extender by plugging its power adapter into an electrical outlet.
2. Check that the extender is within the range of main router signal. You can check the
same by using a laptop. The place where the signal strength is weak or shows no
connection, the range is not able to reach there.
3. Open the Basic home page of your extender by accessing mywifiext.net. Enter the
username and password or email ID and password. Use the default password if you
have not changed it yet.
4. Check for the latest firmware. It means check whether the extender is using the latest
5. If not then update it. Generally, a message will be displayed on top of the home page
for the latest firmware. If not then check it, if available then click on the link provided
to update the same.
6. You can do it online or after downloading, you can browse the downloaded file from
the local disk of your computer.
7. When the firmware update process gets finished, reboot your Netgear extender. To
reboot or reset, take a paperclip and insert it into the reset hole. Press and hold it for
around 10 seconds and then release. This process is also called as hard reset.
8. After it has been reset successfully, connect devices to the extender. You can either
make a wired or wireless connection.
The extender after the hard reset is set to default factory settings. You have to configure your
extender to make the changes you want. If you get any issues while the setup or while
updating the firmware of the Netgear extender then connect with us. We are having a support
team who can help you in resolving any type of extender and router issue. You can contact us
via our live chat window or call us.