Original filename: UniformSchoolResponseLetter.pdf
This PDF 1.5 document has been generated by / Skia/PDF m59, and has been sent on pdf-archive.com on 03/09/2017 at 20:48, from IP address 147.147.x.x.
The current document download page has been viewed 552 times.
File size: 136 KB (2 pages).
Privacy: public file
Download original PDF file
7 April 2017
Thank you for your feedback regarding the changes to school uniform. The vast majority of the
410 responses (over 70%) were positive. Almost 90% of parents/carers stated that they would
prefer black blazers with black trousers and almost 94% of students also stated they would prefer
black. The vast majority of parents/carers and students would also prefer the jumper to be
Below outlines the decisions made following your feedback.
● Black blazers and black trousers/skirt will be the chosen option
● Ties will be clip on to ensure that they are easy to use and look smart
● Blazers will be allowed to be removed in classrooms if it is hot, just like jumpers currently
● Plain white shirts can be bought from any supplier and can be long or short sleeved
● To ensure that all students purchase the correct uniform, blazers, ties, jumpers, trousers
and skirts will only be available to be purchased from one supplier. Please note that the
school does not benefit in any way, financially or otherwise, from using a single supplier
● Jumpers will be optional
● The existing school skirt will also be available. This is a black pleated skirt
● Embroidered trousers are available from Emblematic in different styles and a wide range
of sizes. Where you are unable to find a size that fits, please contact the school who will
source an alternative and embroider them so that they match the correct style. Please do
not purchase trousers from any other supplier
● Students who are classified as Pupil Premium (have been on free school meals during the
previous six years) will be contacted separately to discuss how the school can support
● Students must wear black polishable shoes as part of the uniform. They will not be allowed
to wear boots, sandals or trainers (rubber soles). Socks must be black or dark grey
We will contact you later in the year to inform you of opportunities to try on the new uniform and
also how to order.
Mr M Simpson
Head of School